Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holdens Bathurst ****-up

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
:bang::bang:
I miss when Lowndes drove for HRT :p
I learnt today he only went to Ford as they agreed to include him in merchandise sales after Holden refused when it was time to renew his contract those x amount of years ago...
Traitor :(
Even though Ford won, it was still an interesting race I think :D

lowndes is better off at ford cause holden dotn need anymore traitors. he will never be a shade on brocky. and the new king haha laughable

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
tend to agree with those who said they are over it a bit. I liked it when the cars would lean over as they took a corner, when panels were removed cos they were so ****ed. When they would take to the car with an axe to fix it... when the cars would actually dent!
They all look the same now. The Holden vs Ford thing isn't much more than a different paintjob now.

kkeno

kkeno
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
well even afer geting nudged into the wall by some cheating FORD ***hole, and having an extra fuel stop, he was still only barely a second behind

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Might even see an other Volvo on the bathurst track.
Volvo do have a Yamaha V8 in the new S80 which is just a Ford builtRWD V8 running new technology :thumbsup:

I'm up for Toyota in the series too, wouldnt mind seeing a TRD Aurion :D

Premier 350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Aclaim Wagon
Of course there is bias. Look at Bathurst, was it 2001?in The SBR falcon drags a G sized air bottle half the length of pit lane. No penalty. Compare that to the Murf refueling incident where he cops a FIVE minute penalty.

Or winterbottoms dangerous re entry in R3 at Winton this year. No penalty
And the BS penalty given to Tander at HV for leaning on whincup, yet JUDAS lowndes,
with half the grille hanging out is allowed to bash Tander ( Sandown, 08)
Still it's better than 03 anf 04 where ole dirty ambrose was allowed to get away with
punting all and sundry off.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Watched the murphy-clowndes coming together at Bathurst a couple of times and it was definately deliberate... no oversteer to blame or lockup...he was skating along the dirt just before it doing the big overtake....murph held his position and clowndes ran straight into his front wheel...it wasnt even close to a corner....RACING INCIDENT be ****ed ......straight up bias ...race officials are a pack of assholes to use senior richos slang. Clowndes said that he had a vibration after the incident...who cares what happens to his car...he did it he deserves to have it.
Did Courtney touch the pacecar at a restart? What happenned about that? Magically forgotten.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Ok, i have found out, looking around on the net, why the Fords are so competitive at racing, the Stone Brothers donk, which most ford teams use are 635hp, alloy headed 5.0l V8. The Holden Motorsport donk is just pumping out 620hp. So much for Project Blueprint hey.

Also, if enough of use email V8Supercars and complain on what they are doing, they will get a rough idea how bad it really is.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ok, i have found out, looking around on the net, why the Fords are so competitive at racing, the Stone Brothers donk, which most ford teams use are 635hp, alloy headed 5.0l V8. The Holden Motorsport donk is just pumping out 620hp. So much for Project Blueprint hey.

Also, if enough of use email V8Supercars and complain on what they are doing, they will get a rough idea how bad it really is.

unfortunatly that is historically accurate. the ford teams always had a slightly stronger engine. it's just that they were never able to convert that to outright wins on the track. untill people started tweaking the rules that is.

a great example of the power difference is the drag race bewteen brock in a commodore and a XF falcon. the falcon has more power and yet brock drives past it as they come tothe finish line. greenfoam has a link somewhere. great race really. the commodore has really been a better package overall. even if slightly down on power (untill the creative rule writing :D )

what really interests me is that the 888 car seemed to use a lot less fuel around bathurst. it takes X amount of fuel (and O2) to make Y amount of power, considering the high level developent of both the ford and Holden engines i can't see that there would be such a great difference in efficiency. especially when you consider that they use the SBR engine and non of the other SBR engine users seemed to get the same mileage

Last edited: