Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Homemade air duct (with pics)

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
to be honest, haven't had rain yet since i put it on! but there's no chance of rain drops travelling up the long slanted pipe, and if by chance it did, it would just sit in the bottom of the air box. maybe a small drilling in the downpipe will get rid of that problem, the weight of any water, as gravity does, will make it drop out....

goldencommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Commodore
so once i installed it wat do i do about the computer do i just leave the battery terminal off for an hour or so so it resets and it will be alright?

VXDT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1
Great thread with lots of innovation, but do you need leave the battery terminals off to reset the computer as Goldencommodore asked? Or, can you just start driving?

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
is this correct?
If you disconnect the battery it will make it reset and run faster and use more petrol.
If you leave it connected it will run the same, maybe a little bit better, but a hell of a lot leener.

onequikvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
sugestion

very good i like the idea tho i have a vs commy without the ss induction will it mater i also wanna try sumthing run the pipe to the holes in the front bumber on both sides will it suck even more or just the same
ill show in pic

Attachments

• sugestion.JPG
    sugestion.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 417

vrcamma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a VE SSV UTE
ey onequikvs,
Im with u on that. i have a vr and was thinking the exact same thing. i herd a mate of a mate did it to his vs and apparently it works good as. just dunno quite wot to use to do it, mayb some flexable plastic pipe? enyone else done this sort of thing? cheers :D

onequikvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
thanks vrcamma i plan on doin this weekend ill write the measurements down an wat i used an if i get really creative ill take pictures to save u from the heart ake an ill let u no how it all goes have a good one

vrcamma

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a VE SSV UTE
r ok thats awsum mate. good luck wit it lol, and yer if u wanna some pics n info would be a great help. cheers buddy. :dance:

raff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Brunette, 5-10', 10D's, great personality
Storm water pipe in a engine bay close to the radiator and motor ................. arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh:b: you are braver men than me!

Interested to see if any warpage occurs from heat. Certainly wouldnt be nice should things get too hot! Im sure any insurance company would refuse payout for having pvc modifications in the engine bay should things get all hot and firey!

Great idea though and im a big fan of DIY- much more fun to have a go yourself. Why not use a automotive intented hose that can tolerate high heat and resiliant to corrosives such as oil/fuel. It can be flexible which helps with bends and as little at $30

goldencommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Commodore
hey i found some bendable pipe at bunnings i think it was air con ducting it was 100mm in diameter and cost $28 for about a 900mm length but i dont know how that is for heat aye but it would be a lot easier to install then making up a pipe set up with bends and stuff.