Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hookinh up new jvc headunit

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
ok do not worrie about the dimmer wire I just installed it without it and everything works, Just about the earth im gone with the twin setup one into harness and other to metal part. Just wondering if I can earth it directly onto the headunit itself?
thanks

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yea u can ground it to the stereo no probs, when its mounted to the chasis, its grounded that way also. the extra earths will be fine.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
ok cool thanks heaps mate. What do you mean when its mounted to the chassis? youv lost me. sorry im abit slow with electrcial stuff.

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
u have to mount/screw the stereo to the brackets, the brackets screw to the metal part of the console, that metal is connected to the cars chasis.. hence gounded

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
finshed installing the headunit turned out pretty good. Only slight problem iv got is my left rear speaker isnot working at all. Im positive my connection to the headunit were right and my speakers are all balenced from the headunit. Is there anyway to check if there is currant flowing through by using a multimeter?

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
found the problem, one of the pins in the harness at the headunit poped out, though it was a speaker so got new back speakers only $50 pionner ones. With the speaker negative/postive is it really critical as to which one goes where?

kingtutty1

purpzvk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL/Executive
dude id just take the easy way take it to an auto elec mite cost sum pennys but atleast if it dusnt work u can just take it back to them and get them too fix it

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
found the problem, one of the pins in the harness at the headunit poped out, though it was a speaker so got new back speakers only $50 pionner ones. With the speaker negative/postive is it really critical as to which one goes where?

Yes, you need to get the pos / neg at the head-unit going to the pos / neg at the speaker, otherwise the speaker will be out of phase, and basically cancel out its own bass.