Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoons front page sunday mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
Simple answer is too move away from Adelaide, I did it 5 years ago and it was the best decision i've ever made. Easier to get employement, I go drag racing every month at Willowbank and I always attend events like Powercruise's and Cruise For Charity out at Queensland Raceway. Theres also Archerfield burn outs and drifts comps on nearly every Thursday night aswell.

Theres alot more avenue for Motorsport up here and alot more lenient "hoon laws" and cops.

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
ummm look at japan they purpose built dirft TRAINING tracks to get them outta hils hile etc. look at mallar and the legal drift sence here why can't they do a good couple of skid pads and a track or two across SA. like STEALTHY said then any races or skids will be honning on our roads.

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Years ago i used to go to the burnout comps at air and speedway city.How many dicks after were doing em out on the road??Heaps all P platers in stockie v6s thinking they were the king .No amount of tracks is going to stop idiots

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Years ago i used to go to the burnout comps at air and speedway city.How many dicks after were doing em out on the road??Heaps all P platers in stockie v6s thinking they were the king .No amount of tracks is going to stop idiots

They were the people watching, not the people attending ;)

Which was smart on their part, all the entrants were too busy being defected outside the gates, so the spectators had free reign of roads home :)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8

but it will make it easier o punish the idoits and let the big boys have there fun too

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I have a solution! instead of crushing the hoons car when they get caught, you put their picture in the petrol stations and stop selling them petrol!

Although, the idea is not foolproof, it is a start.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I have a solution! instead of crushing the hoons car when they get caught, you put their picture in the petrol stations and stop selling them petrol!

Although, the idea is not foolproof, it is a start.

We should also put drink drivers pictures up in bars and places that sell alcohol. :)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
We should also put drink drivers pictures up in bars and places that sell alcohol. :)

could fit breath-o's to all car factory so if you can't blow 0.00 the ignition start star.

we all know 0.05 gives people the belief that you can actusally drink then drive which is the problem there

Or make all cars 4 wheel drive, then there no more skids.

Or just have push bike then no more speed

or now this is getting stupid

SLO 057

i got chevy badges LOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA 5.7 A4
i agreed with stealthy... the sooner they bring in these laws for P platers the better.. but then again.. how many p platers or fully licenced drivers now have cars that have illegal mods?? **** LOADS!! so what is restrictions going to do.. for one it will make some people follow the new rules, but then you will still have the ones they wont and still will bolt on illegal mods. there are tonnes of cars out there that have illegal mods and the cops have caught them yet..

i think that they should bring in a rule that if you are defected and go to regency for anything and parts are removed or changed.. then get it passed.. i think that they should have to go back to regency every 6-8 weeks to get it checked over and make sure it that it hasnt been changed back.. yes i no some of you guys are saying "i wont care ill just keep changing it evey time i go there".. but how long do you think you will keep this up????

We cant keep going back to regency every 6-8 weeks to have a check done, as you kno it takes an hour plus to go through. and we dont have enough staff to run it as it is!
and you cant get a day off every 6-8weeks to go so they can have a look.
i do think we need to do RWC like NSW do every 12months for rego.
if ya cars not upto scratch then it wont get passed till it is.

i also think that when i driver goes for their P's that they have the test as welll as like a half a day or full day course on what will happen if you are stupid on the roads.. and full course on an accident from the result of speeding and hoon driving.. some will get the message but some wont..

it sounds good in theroy, but people get there P's every day.
if someone is trying to run it, they should make it central and have done the course befor the can even get there P's.
but it wont happen cause we cant afford the faclities to do it!

Its illegal to murder people. Full stop, no ifs or buts.
Burnouts are legal when not done on public roads.

NOT TRUE!

my mate has a farm down south and was busted for doing circle work in the padock!
he put up a fight in court and won because it was his property.
and he was told not to do it again because it gives out a bad impression to the locals around the area!

if we cant do anything in SA why do we even drive.
they wonted to fine my old man for squeeling the wheels turning when the car dose it every time due to mud huggers on them.
the laws have become to stupid they dont even kno what they are at this stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.