Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hoons.

Should hoons have thier car crushed?

• Yes, on the first offence.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Yes, but only if they have a record.

Votes: 57 41.0%
  • No, crushing a car is too extreme

Votes: 78 56.1%

• Total voters

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
imagine, never been caught for anything in you life, on your way home after a 14 hour ****, pissin down wit rain, you come into your street slightly too quick and you get a little bit of wheel spin or something, BANG copper got ya and there goes your commy, imagine if it was a limited edition brock series, BANG CRUSHED, they dont care the value or more to the point the sentimental value of cars

I can't imagine driving a "Limited Edition Brock Series" as a daily driver.

Plus, they are not going to crush cars after a first offence.

If you care about a car that much, you're going to make sure you drive in a manner that keeps it in your posession.

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
I can't imagine driving a "Limited Edition Brock Series" as a daily driver.

I wish...

If you care about a car that much, you're going to make sure you drive in a manner that keeps it in your posession.
I agree, I need my car to live, therefore I proved all my mates and family wrong when I got my V8 and still have not intentionally spun the wheels

(Once off the lights, in the wet, on a white line)
The Cop in the next lane pulled me over and gave me a warning and said that "he could see it was accidental , but be more careful in an old girl like mine"

Point is most cops are ok if you respect them and their authority...

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Plus, they are not going to crush cars after a first offence.

I'm sure they will soon enough, just wait for another P plater to smash into a tree for them to make the laws tougher

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
imagine, never been caught for anything in you life, on your way home after a 14 hour ****, pissin down wit rain, you come into your street slightly too quick and you get a little bit of wheel spin or something, BANG copper got ya and there goes your commy, imagine if it was a limited edition brock series, BANG CRUSHED, they dont care the value or more to the point the sentimental value of cars

You're gonna need some heavy fibre to move that out...:rofl2:

Hahahaahha, back on topic, wouldn't bother me if they bring this law in, i'm a p plater, i drive a commodore, i never get harassed because i don't 'skate' it, so wouldn't occur to me.

"oh but what if you liek accidntly loooose tracshon and da coppa gets yuuuu?"

We will see when that actually happens, but as others have said, most police can tell when it's accidental or not.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hahahaahha, back on topic, wouldn't bother me if they bring this law in, i'm a p plater, i drive a commodore, i never get harassed because i don't 'skate' it, so wouldn't occur to me.

"oh but what if you liek accidntly loooose tracshon and da coppa gets yuuuu?"

We will see when that actually happens, but as others have said, most police can tell when it's an accidental or not.

Come to Mackay. P Plate = "Random" RBT subject. Irrespective of irresponsible behaviour.

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
you say hoon meets occur where no innocent bystanders in site, yet everyone who attends the meet stands around watching.. so there are innocent bystanders around...

so your blaming the cops when you spin out and kill someone trying to escape? its illegal on public roads REGARDLESS of time of day or whos around. **** me the stupidity of some members

im against crushing of cars, like its been said, a couple hundred bucks for a cheap runaround n who cares if it gets impounded or crushed. if anything will lead to unreg'd/unroadworthy cars on the road for fun times..

The gov needs to let the parents start deciplenning kids properly. slap on the wrist is no deterent. the atitude of kids today is only getting worse.

gimme a break mate, im not blaming the cops for any accident caused by them breaking up a meet, all i was saying is that it becomes MORE dangerous than it already was in the first place as you have people running across roads in panic etc. and no i personally wouldnt call them "innocent" bystanders, as they are attending an illegal event/meet they should be fully aware of the dangers and what can happen.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, everyones doing it wrong, if you use a crappy car like my senator, you can hoon around and have a ball. Then buy a nice car to be all grandpa in like a new wrx.

Its win win, even if the shitbox gets taken you have another car to fall back on :D

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i've seen parents take kids along to these meets, they dont know the dangers involved.

The thing is, ppl just dont think of the consequences; it wont happen to me, i know how to control a car blah blah.. If ppl did think before doing something stupid, i believe that hoon laws wouldnt exist.