Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Horn

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Hey everyone,

How hard would it be to change a standard VY Berlina horn to one of the Calais/Statesman ones that sound more like a air horn... sounds heaps better. My bumper will be off soon when I get my car back and wanna know if its just a straight swap over. Thats if I can manage to get one lol.

Thanks heaps,
Ben.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
you wont have to replace your horn. just add the high tone horn. wiring should already be on the opposite side of the car. not sure if im correct, but i think the normal horn is 400hz and the one you want to add to the other side is 500Hz. better find one from a wreckers. Holden charge thru the roof.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yep, wiring for the second horm will already be there, clipped to the passenger's side front chassis rail, directly behind the bumper.

The Calais uses a second horn with a different tone - can't recall if its the high or low note. Just purchase the horn and mounting bracket from a wrecker and bung it on.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries thanks paul and VTPredator... will go grab one and chuck it in when I fit my new front spoiler. They sound alot more ballsey than the standard commodore one. Hoping to get my car back on wednesday......

Cheers again,
Ben

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got one for 11 bucks from Commodore Spares down the road... 500HZ. Has like a trumpet on it or something... will fit it soon. Am getting my car back today from crash repairs. Hopefully they did a good job lol.

Ben