Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How can I tell if I have a VF Series 2?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It’s the world’s worst woodgrain effect … no idea where the pattern for that vinyl came from, but it was seriously bad.
Still it worked for us, the last SSVR left in that colour in the entire country, nobody had bought it due to the vinyls, and that was the only colour SWMBO was interested in getting …
What does the car look like now and how much of a discount did you get for this car?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What does the car look like now and how much of a discount did you get for this car?
Given that the deal was that when they handed it over we wouldn't be able to tell it had ever had the vinyls on it, theoretically no discount should really have been needed due to the vinyls ... the discount was more because it was an MY14 we were buying in 2015.

I can't 100% recall, but I think full RRP plus ORC's was (still from the MY14 price-list in 2015) was $63k give-or-take. We paid $55k, with a few small things like carpets & rear-window diffuser & rubber load-space protector oh and the 5yr warranty Holden were offering on the MY15 the next week. I'm bad at haggling & if the dealer had known that we only wanted that colour & that they had the only new one left (in the eastern states I didn't check WA or NT) we prolly wouldn't have got it for that much discount.

I'm sure I've got some photos after it'd been detailed (I took it straight from the dealer to a bloke I know who used to detail cars for the likes of car shows to pay his way through uni - still does it on occasion for some extra $$ on the occasional weekend) ... nothing special though, it's just a recently-cleaned Regal Peacock SSVR on MY15 wheels ...

Shiny_Greener_1.jpg

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Big improvement Forg
was it the only Car that had Wood grain on the outside

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
The dealer did it as a marketing thing in cahoots with a local surf shop, they were going for something that made you think of a 60's surfer woodie, I don't really know the names of American models so I don't know what woodies were common back then (when I think of a woodie it's a Morris Minor wagon - I guess they'd have been used by surfers here but I can't see one as a SoCal surf-car :)). When we first saw it it had a flouro green surfboard on the roof as well as numerous window-stickers from the surf-shop, and the wheels make more sense when you know what they were going for.

I think they had a small stand at some street-market or weekend fair or something, and they used the car to ahem "catch people's eyes" there.
They didn't think anyone was gonna buy it like that, they'd always have expected to remove the vinyls, so they'd not have spent money doing others. :)

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
So that would explain the low kms when you bought it
but much flasher now that it`s in your hands

Reactions: Lex

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's a poor choice of a pattern for the 'Woodie' look but those rims are even worse.

The car looks good in the after photo, I like that Regal Peacock colour.

1673917374003.png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's a poor choice of a pattern for the 'Woodie' look but those rims are even worse.
The salesguy seriously said he was happy I'd asked for a set of 5 MY15 SSV-R wheels to be chucked in, because he was going to have to increase the price if I wanted the (four) ... whatever those disgusting 20" Thing were. I guess to a dealer those had an attached value, whereas a set of SSV-R wheels could just be nicked off some other car where someone was paying for the 20" upgrade or a set of HSV wheels to be fitted ...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Good point, that model was basically a US one (although they didn't use XL/XP/XM), so the US probably had something that looked a lot like that. But all the other US ones I have no idea ... Chrysler & Holden's were going their own way here by then, and I doubt half the UK stuff we had here was ever sold there.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
One easy way to tell, is that you don't have a cd player, as part of the stereo system, in the series 2 cars.
Correct.!

EDIT : SHI.T I got sucked it . The post is 7 years old. LOL,LOL.