Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do I fit mesh to front bar

5.0L UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE S3 5.0
I've just fitted my VZ Maloo front bar to my vs ute looks sic, does anyone know how to fit mesh behind the holes

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
That'd be... interesting. Looking forward to photos. I'm curious about the mesh too, would like to throw some incospicuous black mesh in my VS.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
usually they have little sections that pop riverts or screws can go into, i no i have them on my clubsport, but maybe you will have to glue it with some strong adheasive that would prob be the only way if you dont wanna damage the kit with screws and pop riverts..

but i maybe wrong there could be another way

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Putting brackets in would be the obvious way, but i wouldn't want to put holes in the bumper for rivets... I'd expect you'd need some pretty damn strong glue to avoid that though.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I was thinking about doing this to my stock bar too. guess you could bend/cut the mesh so it has tabs , and like then sikiflex it there ? i dunno lol

BrAdAsS

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.bradass.net
Members Ride
VX Executive A4
yeah sikaflex...silastic... I cut the mesh to shape, just a bit bigger so I'd have room to bend it over the edges by 2". I used about 2 tubes in the caulking gun on mine and it looks messy from the back, but has been on for 4+ years without needing another look, but, can be removed with a stanley knife if need be.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
No, I did my vy grille and the part under the grille too. What you need to do is superglue some short pieces of wire about an inch long in place around the edges on the back. The superglue only holds the wire there until you can get some fibreglass resin and really get a heap of it on there. I cut small pieces of f/g matting as well for reinforcement then when it sets put another couple of coats of resin on.

It is quite fiddly and will test your patience but is a good way of doing it other than plastic welding it. Obviously you then put your mesh in place and bend the wire over, mine came up awesum.

Hope this helps, PM me if you need further instruction/advice.

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
I used stick on cable tie anchors then used cable ties to hold it all together. You need to clean the area where you want to stick them otherwise they will not adhere properly. It's fiddly work.

94vrcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr commodore executive
you can also cut it out to shape a big bigger for tabs as u said the drill tiny little holes and wire it in will be there for ever and looks neat easy to take out thats way i did on mine

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
I used fibreglass filler, actually incredibly easy, as the lads haev said above: cut your mesh wider than your vent holes and bend the sides around , then i mixed the filler with the hardner and pressed it all through the mesh holes onto the sides. Rock solid, Looks neat, Cheap & Easy.