Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Do People Modify

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
dam stocky i didnt no u delivered pizza too, dam theres a hell of a lot of us wicked delivery drivers.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
thats a damn good question tr3nt, i dont really know how the hell i afford to do the stuff i do to my vs....i only work about 20-25hrs a week casual at a servo and study at college part time.
but when i want to buy something for the vs or do something to it i always seem to work out a way of making it happen. budgeting an income is a good start though, i learnt how to do it the the ultimo hard way when i moved out of home at 17 and had barely $100 a week to live on (which rent had to be paid out of).

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
When I was working I _easily_ had 350$ spare a week to spend after paying bills and so it was easy to buy anything I wanted, now I can't even afford 1 liter of fuel and my car isn't even at my house:p

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah.. im thinking of $100 away per pay packet. I get paid fortnightly, so for me to take out say $200 would be leaving myself broke.

so far the only way im modding my car in the near future is Tax Return = Lowering Job.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
I did a bit of reasearch and basically did all my mods for cheap. The vr had a catback exhaust when I got it but that was all. Since then Ive given it a cold air intake (i bought 10 in a bulk lot and actually made over $200 profit by doing this) that payed for some 8mm silicone plug leads and some super four spark plugs. I polished the throttlebody myself with sandpaper and every spare moment I had over a period of 2 or 3 days (cost $0) found a chip on ebay basically tuned to what I had so I got that for $70 and a few other bits and pieces here and there. Its not much but I have beaten an ss up the gippsland dragway b4 and I have video footage to prove it.

As far as I am concerned it just saving what you can, patience and doing your homework. It also makes you real proud when you beat a v8 in you v6 knowing that your the one who did the work :) :)

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I wanna see the footage!

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
haha, I knew it wouldnt take long for someone to ask. As soon as I can figure out how to put the footage from my video camera onto my computer I will.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I got a nice tax return (go and see a GOOD accountant). I have all the mods I want for the moment (for this car anyway)
*18" rims
*extractors and catback 2&1/2
*system
*customized interior (vh sl/e seats mmm comfy)
*Heaps of berlina bits and peices
*Tacho dash
* debadged then rebadged

I've not left anything unmodified
Allot of the stuff was right place right time with spare cash (doesn't happen often). The rest I have gotten off ebay for a steal or paid full retail for.

You'll get there, it didn't happen overnight for me I've had this car for 12 months now.

Modifying your car is like a drug, once you start you get hooked.

Might need to start a support group M.A. modifiers anonamous lmao.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
tr3nt said:
Yeah.. im thinking of $100 away per pay packet. I get paid fortnightly, so for me to take out say $200 would be leaving myself broke.

so far the only way im modding my car in the near future is Tax Return = Lowering Job.

Trust me you'll be broke and staying home if ya wanna do heaps of stuff. It happens to allot of us, especially with the shitty wages some of us get.

I'm not working either at the moment sucks ass bad.