Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do they ride?

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 S-pack Auto 3.8
Drove the boss's SS ute today, to easy to speed :p

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I traded my VE SV6 in on a VE GTS. The GTS with 20s rides far better than the SV6 did(on 18s) Even with the Magnetic suspension on, its still not rough.
I drive to Adelaide a bit, and usually go the Coorong, and its good even on that "road". SA country roads aint that good either:rofl2:

Oh, and definatly go the V8 if you can.

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
Have to agree with UFO. I bought my wife a VE SSV wagon so she could have something to go shopping in, now I use it to travel to and from gigs because there is less fatigue over longer distances and the ride handles the bumps pretty well. The VE ride and handling wont ever measure up to a German Marquee or a Jag but that's not the point. Its apparently better than the previous model, which is probably better than it's previous model and so on.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Had a VXSS at one stage and am now onto my 3rd VE. No question the VE poops all over the VX for ride, NVH and overall driving experience. In both my earlier VE's I did find the rear OEM shocks went away quite quickly (around 60,000km) making the rear a bit nervous over bumps. Nothing massive but I do notice these things more than most. Swap the shocks for a good quality set if it's done more than 75k and you will have a very capable car that will out preform most other medium and large 4 door sedans on the road. Check out forum sponsor GSR rallysport for prices on something that is value for money but a cut above your OEM crap.

Reaper

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Yeah good old SA country roads. If something exists past Gepps Cross in this state, then it doesn't concern the government Lol.

Because of the sports suspension in the sv6 and ss, the ride is naturally going to be sort of stiff. I had a VT Calais and personally, I'd say that was a softer ride. It was like driving on marshmellows sometimes. Loved that car. But, I wouldn't give back my sv6 in a hurry. The advancement, even from the VZ to the VE, is huge.

"It's like comparing apples to...well you know what I mean."

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 S-pack Auto 3.8
What do the newer Calais like?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I thought my VT Berlina (lowered slightly with King springs and Monroe GT shocks) rode smoother than my VE Calais (bought it already with Pedders Sportsrider springs, i think, and 20" rims)... So I guess that's not a fair comparison :p