Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you stop your mates drink driving?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
i have too make sure i cant get to my keys cuz when i wake up after a big one i cant remember half the night so how would i stop myself with out taking measuers
That is so ridiculously irresponsible.

Cut them out of your life completely, then they aren't idiot mates they are just a ****ing idiots.
Alright, same situation for a stranger. If they are far too dangerous to drive... And your car could be hit when they're reversing out? I indeed try to pick decent places to park, but the jerk arrived after I did.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I dont stop them, if they choose to do it, thats their problem.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I dont stop them, if they choose to do it, thats their problem.

And if your car is at risk of getting hit? Say it is a mate, He's at risk of writing himself off? One thing I will stop at almost nothing to ensure, is that noone else rides in that car.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
stop hanging around with them if its a huge problem. If they are that much of a tosser that every time they drive you have to work out how you are going to stop them driving, they will learn when they have no mates left or they have all clocked him one for that reason.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I'd say if you can't take his keys and physically stop him, then your only real option is to call the cops and let them know where he is headed. If he hasn't learnt after 9 times then surely he is bound to get locked up next time, and if that doesn't teach him a lesson then let me know where he lives and I'll be sure to keep away

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
You'll do the aforementioned "unwillingly jam something up his arse"? :p
I could have physically stopped him, but I didn't know him well enough to know how he'd react. Let me clarify, this guy isn't exactly my mate. My car was just at risk of being reversed into. Not something I want happening, despite full comp insurance.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
if he is driving a commodore and can get to his keys get a screwdriver, undo the 2 screws and hide the key bit somewhere lol

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
we had a mate that was like that tryed jumping in the car drunk he is a good mate so i socked him one never done that again

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Don't underestimate the power of social exclusion, if you and the rest of your group make it clear you don't think much of him, that might be enough for him to think twice.

In that situation, I'd have seriously thought about calling the cops, telling them where he was headed and all his details, and let them sort him out.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
And if your car is at risk of getting hit? Say it is a mate, He's at risk of writing himself off? One thing I will stop at almost nothing to ensure, is that noone else rides in that car.

My car is insured, if he hits it, i tell police. Again, if they want to do it and idiots want to join them, not my issue. If i see they are drunk, i do what I always do, quick call to the local police station. Aside from that, not my duty to police drink driving or any other illegal matter for that fact.