Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you stop your mates drink driving?

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Give em a f**kn king hit, im not a violent man, and have never been in a fight, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

neblol

This ain't rocket surgery
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 3.8
Hiding the keys works for me every time. (and by works for me, I mean works so my mates dont drink drive.)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
not reporting crime is a jailable offense

Could you please back that up with a few cases where people have been jailed for not reporting crimes in Australia?

Here on JC, we like to see the facts please :thumbsup:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
so you want to break a law to uphold one

Actually the law permits the use of "reasonable force" to restrain someone who has or is about to commit a crime, this is not only for the police but extends to regular citizens.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yeah also what I've heard, re the "reasonable force". However, the last thing I want is to be up for assault. "But your honour, i was defending my car!" :p In hindsight, I should have threatened to call the police if he didn't give his key to the host straight away, and followed up on that thread if/when he didn't.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
every one in this country has this thing called a duty of care

Err, i think you are confusing doctors with everyday citizens. I have no duty of care to anyone except myself and anyone I see fit to offer care to.

not reporting crime is a jailable offense

Gees, I quote you twice and both times it is **** talk...I suggest you start posting hard facts before you end up being pushed out the door.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Gonna have to go with a less destructive and pricey option? Especially if that slash is gonna go right through "BRIDGESTONE 245/35/18". $$

brick the front of the car and hide the rims in the bush or something near by.. just make sure you chain them up

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Actually the law permits the use of "reasonable force" to restrain someone who has or is about to commit a crime, this is not only for the police but extends to regular citizens.

I was gonna quote him, but you answered him for me.

I'll add this though (aimed at dynoryder), you would rather let a friend drink drive and possibly kill, say, a car carrying children, or any innocent people for that mattter, than belt your friend once or twice to prevent them driving and killing themselves and others?

I think you need to prioritise mate. I'd rather get charged with assault anyday than have a mate die and know they took innocent people down with them.

B

BXHD

How to stop ur friend drink driving:
grab their keys off them, put them down ur pants and run away :)
(however it does help if u call them a taxi, drive them home or let them stay with u. haha.)
sad puppy eyes:supersad: with pleading works too :p

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah but if you are a female, and your friend is male, or vice versa, your friend is more likely to go in after their keys if they are desperate enough, provided they aren't gay.

Lol :p