Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how fast is your vl???

Shane1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL SL
Thats just a guess, the engine builder said thats what i can expect. I reckon he's not far off, hangin out for the dyno day:thumbsup:

Minux, tyres were bridgestone turanza er30's, not the stickiest so dont help my cause. If anyone can recomend good tyres Im up for some new ones!

They don't last long with me, but thats because I drag and put on a show more then I probably should. But I would recomend Goodyear Ducaros. They are a softer compound with a sexy lookin tread design, and are surprisingly cheap. Today I decided to whack on a pair of 15" pursuit rims and old cracked hard compound tyres onto the back today. They dont get any thing that remotley resembles traction! I left it in second and went around a roundabout near my house and both tires broke loose almost straight away! I don't have an LSD mind you. When I use the Goodyears I never get any wheelspin other then the inside tyre and even then its next to nothing!:thumbsup: Or if you can get them in the size you need, then go for Toyo Proxys! VERY VERY STICKY TYRE!!!!!!

CraigL304

Crossed to The Dark Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6 Turbo A4
Cheers mate^:thumbsup:

I'll get a couple of goodyears and see how they go. then when I get my new rims I'll try the toyo's! I've ben told they're not too expensive so I wont mind wearin them out quickly:D

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
im surprised how good this thread has been

i wanna no sumthng.
extractors....they would increase acceleration speed yes?
i no they give 10% more power too.

Shane1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL SL
Cheers mate^:thumbsup:

I'll get a couple of goodyears and see how they go. then when I get my new rims I'll try the toyo's! I've ben told they're not too expensive so I wont mind wearin them out quickly:D

The set of Toyo's my mate bought for his prelude, he got second hand. But they had only done 100 k's. So he got em' for about 100 per tyre. I have driven it before when he had Potenza'a on there and this is one hell of an improvment with the toyos!

Shane1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL SL
I was wondering. How do I go about getting new trim strips for my front right, left and right rear. I got the rear bar and front bar. I just need those little plastic trim peices. I don't care if they are second hand or not, I am going to respray the car myself once I get the strips anyways. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I also need a right rear trim piece, the one that goes around the corner of the taillight. I got a 1987 VL SL.

Cheers:thumbsup:

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
wrong thread mate, but for what its worth. try a wrecker, they'll have what you need.

i have champiro 235s on the rear of my manual with LSD, ZK throttle body, 3" intake piping, extractors and 2.5" straight.

don't know what time i am making as the car is on stands now but when i got it temporary driving to get it on a dyno and RW joint.
I didn't really give it too much cos it was still in pieces but when i did boot it once, it griped really well and had no wheel spin and i booted it up a hill too, full throttle and no wheel spin at all (new clutch in it too), and the champiro tyres are pretty cheap as nobody knows about them. i would recommend them

Shane1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL SL
Yea, I have tried all the wreckers here in town. Noone has anything I bloody need! Thats whe way it is all the time with car parts out here. If they dont have it then they charge you an arm and your left testicle just to order it. Even then your lucky it will the right part... I was asking if anyone in the VL forums have what i need. I rather buy second hand parts from someone that atleast sounds like they know what I'm looking for LMAO!!!!:thumbsup:

CraigL304

Crossed to The Dark Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6 Turbo A4
Yea, I have tried all the wreckers here in town. Noone has anything I bloody need! Thats whe way it is all the time with car parts out here. If they dont have it then they charge you an arm and your left testicle just to order it. Even then your lucky it will the right part... I was asking if anyone in the VL forums have what i need. I rather buy second hand parts from someone that atleast sounds like they know what I'm looking for LMAO!!!!:thumbsup:

Ebay is the place to look:thumbsup:

Shane1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL SL
I went out bush last weekend and found a VL that had all the trim and stuff on it. So i ripped it off lol. That was fun with just a screwdriver and my hands... but i got everything i needed off that car, body wise. Now I can pursue the stupid amount of 500BHP at the rear bags.