Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hard is it too pinch a vs series 2 without the key

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Not sure whether anyone has said it yet, but just deadlock the car with ur keys (manually) instead of using the remote. We had the RACQ try and get into our VS commodore 1996 series one, and becuase our buttons on the key were stuffed we started deadlocking it instead. And the difficulty they had trying to get in was incredible, took em a couple of hours. Eventually had to pry open a door and hook the boot catch and then crawl in through the boot. And even if they break a window to get in, when a VS is deadlocked with the key you cant pull up the locks inside. Im not even sure if it would strart. Plus I dont know why anyone would want to steal a VS they are the most common cars ever, you would have to be desperate in my opinion.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
people steal cars for lots of different reasons.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Although I spose it would be easy to get away with haha. How many white VS/VR's are there on the road.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
i dont see how the padlocking to the stereo will work... seems a bit weird lol

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
i dont see how the padlocking to the stereo will work... seems a bit weird lol

Padlocking to the stereo was a joke...I hope.
I've seen a setup where a chain goes around the gear selector to the side of the transmission tunnel on each side, so it can't be taken out of park

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Padlocking to the stereo was a joke...I hope.
I've seen a setup where a chain goes around the gear selector to the side of the transmission tunnel on each side, so it can't be taken out of park

that sounds more plausible. im also thinking the stereo is a joke

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
hahah yeh the stereo was a joke, i should have worded it more obviously i guess.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
hahah yeh the stereo was a joke, i should have worded it more obviously i guess.

lol yeah man you sounded like you were serious about that

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
Padlocking the auto shaft is for cars the require you to lift up the lever to change gears, you put the padlock in so it can be lifted up and the gear changed. If your auto shifter has a button that needs to be pushed in the padlock isnt going to work

gareth89

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VR V6 bout to sell Yamaha Scorpio
trust me if some one wonts your car or stero/speaker there going to get it unless they are dumb farks that dont know how to steal a car with an after market alarm and a kill switch.
so really just install a after market alarm and maybe a kill switch and hope that dumb fars are the only ones trying to break in it lol