Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how hard is it too pinch a vs series 2 without the key

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
my mates got a killswitch in his eb cant remember what exactly its hookd up 2 buts hes got it hidden under the drivers seat next to his amp you wouldnever find it ill probally be doing the same thing soon

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Padlocking the auto shaft is for cars the require you to lift up the lever to change gears, you put the padlock in so it can be lifted up and the gear changed. If your auto shifter has a button that needs to be pushed in the padlock isnt going to work

We dont want them to change gears :thumbsup:

lucas_arts_182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
To make the car un startable, Pull up the console, work out which switch is the park switch ( the one that stops you starting the car in D and cut it, Put a momentary switch in and everytime you start you just have to push it

Ben

anyone know what colour coding is on this wire?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
just to add, i'm not sure if it's just my car or other new holdens that do it, but i have to have the brake pushed in to shift out of park, so anyone with the same set-up is likely to use the brake upon starting anyway. Hole it that theory already though.

The other one that's an oldie but not such a goody is the padlock on the T-bar - it just screams "i have no other security so you can take as long as you want breaking this apart" which sadly isn't that long.

Hidden kill switches are done to death and often easily bypassed. We used to say put the switch in a very obvious place but event that's old hat now.

Sadly, we either take measures like an expensive alarm system or take out something tricky to get in a hurry (leads, relays etc). I like the suggestion about leaving the wheels turned when parked - makes it harder to tow-steal from a parking space or driveway.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yer as far as alarms go i think they would need to be combined with deadlocking so the thief has too smash a window and jump through, ive seen plenty of alarms going off at shopping centre car parks and no one even looks.
also i need a set of locknuts for my walkies now , whats a good quality set i can buy without breaking the bank.

[TOPGEAR]

PUNISHER :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS + VS LS1 ute + VF SS Ute + VE Calais V
didnt read any other pages but i laughed when i saw on first page about disconnecting plug leads :p

just put a hidden switch on the power wire to the fuel pump. its the purple wire that runs down the drivers side of your car.

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
Clint Eastwood, although it isn't a Ford...

I don't know your VS but mine is insured for for than it's worth, so it may be beneficial if it was stolen . . . I'd just make sure it's worth installing alarms etc.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yeh mines insured for more than what i paid for it but still....