Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How is this system ? Budget of around $1300, Less if possible

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
Hey guys, how is this system? I have a mate who does installs so won't need to worry about install costs. Looking at a tight punchy kind of bass, Nothing over the top, clear quick audio, Something that can kick pretty decently.

With the stuff I've listed this is what I was considering doing -

The 2450BT will power the front speakers and rear
The amp will get bridged and power the sub with 400w and the 6x9's with 400w

Considering leaving the rear speakers alone, as with 6x9, the decent front speakers, I won't need rears will I ? Or would it be best to spend another $100 and buy the rears anyway? even if they're running off the head unit ? "Which I've been told has a small mini amplifier in it anyway"

----------------------------------------

**Head Unit**

Pioneer AVH-2450BT = $408

**Front Speakers**

Pioneer TS-A1684S 61/2" 4 Way Speakers - $98

**Rear Speakers**

Stock, Filler? I won't notice much from them will I ?

**6x9 parcel shelf**

Pioneer TS-D6902R Car Speakers = $186

**Amp**

PIONEER GM-D9500F 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER = $287

**Sub**

Pioneer TS-WX303 12" 1200W Subwoofer In Box = $142

**Wiring**

Aerpro MX002 1500W Amp Power Wiring Kit 2GA = $108

= $1231

Oh, and add 10 bucks on top of that for a pioneer sticker... Meh, If I'm going a full pioneer system I may as well advertise for them a little instead of leaving my windows completely blank haha.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
1. Get rid of the 6x9's and put decent 6" in the rear doors.

2. Putting a Pioneer sticker won't advertise Pioneer, it will advertise to people that you have audio gear in your car that they should steal.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
1. Thanks, So instead of doing parcel shelf, you're saying just put decent 6" in my doors? Do you think I should amp them ? or the front speakers? Because I'll likely bridge it so 2 goes to the sub, and 2 goes to the speakers.

2. True, thanks for the thought.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
yes but get a hammer and knock out them weak ass metal plates, get more bass in the cabin :)

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
What do you mean metal plates?

The metal plates that cover the 6x9 holes, they are very weak. Recently i used a hammer and knocked them out, but i plan on sealing them with mdf later on for my type of setup.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
Your probably going to want to get Splits for the front not the Pioneer TS-A1684S "Coaxials".

People intend on amping front+rear but to be honest, since this system is for you while you drive, you only need front speakers.

If you have to buy speakers for the rear, go with coaxials in the rear doors, thats where those Pioneer TS-A1684S ones come in.

For the front, something like the Pioneer TSA1604C should go well. Then a 2channel amp or that 4channel you listed would be fine if you wanted to amp the rears aswell.

Having speakers in the rear parcel shelf probably wont sound the best for the rear passengers.

PM me if you wanted to chat :)

EDIT: then i read you wanted to bridge the subwoofer onto the speaker amp, then put the fronts on 2 channels and sub on the other 2 channels "bridged" on that 4channel amp you listed.

dcBear

Reaction score
Website
flavors.me
Members Ride
2010 VE Calais
Pioneer speakers :spew:

A one brand solution is not necessarily a good thing. No one company makes everything equally good. For the money you could diversify and get better results for the same coin.

Here is my $1300... No idea where you are buying from, but if it only sells Pioneer, Sony etc walk away!!! Find a true audio shop that also sells Morel, Dynaudio, Hertz, Audison, ARC Audio, DLS, Focal and the list goes on...

Front - Morel Tempo 6.5" splits - $365 Locally or cheaper OS
Rear -Who dafuq cares? If you must, some cheapy Jaycar Kevlar 5" go all right for $80 - Or leave stock ones there
Amp - Jaycar 4x100 or 2x100 & 1x300 - $259 - Cheaper and takes a big dump on your Pioneer
Orion 12" in prefab Box - $198 (or your Pioneer sub will suffice here)

$822 (no rears)

Plus your Pioneer head Unit - Very much a personal choice.. Personally like Alpine HU's myself. And wiring kit should bring you to around the same value. But a massive upgrade in the speakers you will hear the most, and that will make the most difference, the front splits. Also an increase in amp power. 4 Channel amp is a good idea, works well in a 3 channel configuration. YOU will never hear the rear speakers, if you do you are doing it wrong. Forget about them altogether. You will be amazed at how little difference it makes to you, and if anyone who is in the back regularly cares enough, they can pay for the rear speakers.