Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low can you go? (fuel economy)

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Dont know if you have looked at the calibration of the trip computer in your Calais - but are the raw figs (not using the trip comp) saying 16 Lt?

Last time i did the calculations myself, they where spot on!

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hi all howabout 25l=200k, vs 3.8 v6 auto, includes 30k of hills.
How fast are ya going up the hills mate? i.e bathurst hills or driving miss daisy hills:p
maybe an idea to if your listing your fuel figures is to tell us what fuel you guys use to, which might be interesting.

BP 95ron
12L/100 town
9L/100 highway

VS V6

Was useing Egen fuel and figures where the same as current!
Went to useing standard unleaded and it went up to 17l per100klms!
It is probably lower with the Egen possibly due to the higher octane:unsure:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hey CX, just out of interest, you said the charger hasn't gone in yet, so your still NA.

I have a ton of spare injectors lying around, want to try a set and see if that helps? for free of course.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
hey CX, just out of interest, you said the charger hasn't gone in yet, so your still NA.

I have a ton of spare injectors lying around, want to try a set and see if that helps? for free of course.

Yeah i haven't thrown in a super6 yet & I would love to try a set!
I would pay for postage but need some details as to how to pay for postage ect!
You sure you don't mind throwing me a set??
Cheers mate:)

richo7502000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS, Harley Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
My VS Clubsport 5litre (Auto) is going well on fuel compared to some of these other figures...
I only ever use BP 98 Ultimate fuel.
I am long term averaging around 11.4 litres/100km over 2000km + distance without a trip computer reset, this is a mix of sludging round town and 20km sprints to work (some of which is 110 KM/H Zone, some 80 km/H zone with a few traffic lights and roundabouts thrown in).

At 100km/H, I generally can see down to 6.9 L/100km on the flat highway cruising (Instantaneous), and on hills etc around the 13 L/100km mark.

Sludging around town its around 14.5 L/100Km thereabouts.

Obviously when I test the performance characteristics that the car offers the economy rockets out to around 18 L/100KM and more.

I have 180,000Km on clock and its a well maintained 3" cat back exhaust, HSV extractors, HSV CAI, 2 wire Oxy sensor, STD HSV 185i Chip/Tune
It was doing a lot worse on fuel until I replaced the fuel filter, the 12 Bucks at Autobahn has been well spent, I reckon it has saved me a few hundred already.:w00t:
I use less fuel than the MRS with her 2002 model 3.5 Litre V6 Magna

Last edited:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yeah i haven't thrown in a super6 yet & I would love to try a set!
I would pay for postage but need some details as to how to pay for postage ect!
You sure you don't mind throwing me a set??
Cheers mate:)

PM sent mate.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
[/B]
When I picked up a VS II with 144xxx for my missus it was getting about 16ltrs 100kms on the highway and 18ltrs 100kms around town, now I`ve done the two 02sensors (the old ones were originals that should have been replaced 3 times by now) CAI, K&N, cut the pink wire, and cleaned the two 02 sensors earthing points... NOW I got 8.5ltrs 100kms on a trip to bunbury with half a boot full, 2 kids and 3 adults in the car on a 38 degree day using the air con most of the way and most of the driving was hilly and 90km/h bends etc.. so I was over the moon with result, I`d say the senario of us 2, no boot load and on a cold day would produce a 7ltrs 100km figure, very possiblle.
Next is trans and diff oil, new spark plugs and a tune, see if that brings it down even more:w00t:

Though I still have a earthing problem on the BT1 and thats getting 25-30ltrs 100kms so thats hurting me bad

Note.. I used EFILIVE to pick up codes that were fixed with the new oxygen sensors and the earthing points so use the code reading trick (a paper clip will suffice) first and go from there.

this part about pink wire??

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
well in my VT wagon and my VN Exec i've been only getting like 350 k's out of a tank...I drive pretty casually, sometimes giving it a bit of a workout up to the speed limit, but only up to like 3.5 - 4.5 on the tacho...I give the VN a bit more of a workout, but being the basic thing that it is it doesn't even have a tacho so I wouldn't know exactly....I probably red line it a bit but oh well..not for much longer...new commy coming soooooooooon!!!

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
woot i got my 5lt vr berlina down to an average of 11lts per 100km,
normally sits about 12.4