Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How low can you go? (fuel economy)

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
my questions is if i have a s2 vs ecotec, what modifications or changes such as the o2 sensors that were talked about previously, could i do to help improve my fuel economy. would really love to know, will just give me more money to spend on flashy things for my car :yeah:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
there is a HOWTO in the HOWTO section regarding "earthing off your O2 sensors" this is what cutting the pink wire has to do with.

Just wanted to clear that up :p

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
get greenfoam to write a memcal for you, it'll get lower again. Make sure you tell him to lean out the cruising map

yeah alright sounds like a plan thanks:thumbsup:, is it better getting a hold of him here or on his ebay account?

EREXON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Series II
I think Calais were born with a drinking problem.

Im struggling to get this thing below 20L/100KM.
just started to try correct the drinking problem.
So my first thing was to change 02 sensors. I'll also clean the earthing points out and also change the coolant temp sensor whilst i'm there (recommeneded by 88greenvn) :)

Hopefully to get it down a little. I would be happy to see this thing at 13 - 15 L / 100km.

Its crazy 330KM per full tank.

buzuki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim wagon S1
i get roughly 11.8 litres/per 100klm around town

drove from syd to brissy and got 940klm out of tank so 6.4l/per 100 i think that is

stock ecotec vx wagon.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
yeah alright sounds like a plan thanks:thumbsup:, is it better getting a hold of him here or on his ebay account?
Either way is good, if you go ebay tell him you're from JC forums.
I think Calais were born with a drinking problem.

Im struggling to get this thing below 20L/100KM.
just started to try correct the drinking problem.
So my first thing was to change 02 sensors. I'll also clean the earthing points out and also change the coolant temp sensor whilst i'm there (recommeneded by 88greenvn) :)

Hopefully to get it down a little. I would be happy to see this thing at 13 - 15 L / 100km.

Its crazy 330KM per full tank.
That's absurd fuel economy. Calais are often a bit worse due to the AC being on all the time when enabled in climate control. All the time, not just when cooling is needed. When you find the stuffed component you'll watch your economy drop to 10 or under if you drive sensibly.

vs wagon 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon Executive
yer i have no worry's geting 600-650 klms per tank around town and nearly 750ks per tank on the highway...i always use premo in my vs and i regulary service it every 3000-4000 klms...it depends on how you drive your car hard acceleration dosent help fuel econmy

smurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 S pack Ute
My 304ci with my leadfoot behind it gets 19litres to 100kms round city, and 10litres to 100km on the open road, overtaking everything that gets in front of me. So thats not bad.