Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many K's on your VR/VS

skankydore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I have a 95 VS executive. Got 201000 on the clock.
Had the rear main done, inlet manifold gasket an tappet ones done at the same time. Replaced belt, tensioner pulley 4 times in a few month (idler pulley was throwing it out of alignment somehow) and had an exhaust leak fixed

burben28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Wagen
My 95 vs wagon ex taxi has done 625 000 km and runs sweet might need a new g-box soon !

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Dec 95 VS V6 Calais, around 279k at the moment and the new water pump will hopefully be on by the end of tonight (24/06/08). Also theres a recon power steering rack, new rocker cover gaskets, recon radiator as well although it wasnt blocked much at all and some new hoses and the usual things repaired or replaced. Going to see a mate about getting the 'box serviced and possibly freshened up some as well.

Already on is an ss induction with big mouth filter and some exhaust work is on the way and without driving like a hoon it should power me on for many more k's to come.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Febuary (i think) 1993 VR exec, 3.8 auto - currently at 251,XXXks and running well. Bought it off the son of the origonal owner, who had the trans flushed and brake rotors machined after it sat for a few months after he inherited it from his father, then I bought it in december of 2007 for $1900. Was bought new from Schofields in Newmarket, Auckland and serviced by Eden park Automotive its whole life (as far as I know). Paint is badly oxidized and flaking, boot is leaking, suspension is on its way out, the tires are mis-matched and its got a little rust in it - But I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world (well.... except maybe a VN SS or HQ Kingswood)

Time for a new key soon too, went to start it yesterday and turned the key and nothing happened. Had to pull it out and hit the [Doors] button a couple times to disable the immobilizer.

Last edited:

dustooff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Equipe wagon
My VR II bought new in Feb 1995, now has 167xxx km has had a couple of timing belts, new alternator, muffler x 2, back windscreen, a/c canister, engine mounts orig but nearly gone, water pump, radiator x 2, hoses - a few, tires - lots (really only about 3.5 sets), shocks, batteries, power window switches, other body bushes, couple of dents removed, uses a bit of oil, power steer sometimes groans (top-up occasionally), auto serviced, and regular service otherwise.
Drives well, not many squeaks/rattles, gets good fuel econ. I'm happy.

Paul73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Storm
Got my vr II s pac ute acouple of months ago. 214 xxx on the clock. other than a few little things to be replaced serviced etc.. all good so far

astol

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore Executive Sedan
96 VS V6 Commodore Exec, over 310,000kms, get about 400km/tank. looking to get it converted to LPG, as i do 400-600kms/week

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
got 117,000 klms on the vr clubby....everything good so far

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
i now have 170 thou on my series 2 Vs Stato. had 140 XXX when i bought it.
Only thing that has gone was the fuel pump. Has full books also.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
i now have 170 thou on my series 2 Vs Stato. had 140 XXX when i bought it.
Only thing that has gone was the fuel pump. Has full books also.
Wow, you havnt had that car for too long man, done a few kays on her since you've had her.