Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much is a 304 v8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
Nope, but one day i will have a large 16 foot long saltwater crocodile. Then i'd be very happy and no one will ever pee me off like half of you do with your comments. And if i want to spend 40 grand on a vn or vp, why would it be any of your business if i did, it's not and i wouldn't. I would only spend about 5 grand on the audio stuff, 10 on the performance parts and probably 2 grand on the body like body kit and or just a group a bonnet scoop. Oh if you were wondering on why i want to have 6 subs, it's because i've always wanted to have a large number of subs and i'd only have like 3 connected to a switch where i can have only 3 that work and 3 that don't and then be able to listen to all of them. Don't know how that will be able to happen. So if any of you have any ideas, on how that would be able to happen, let me know? Have a good one and enough of these smart ass comments, okay?

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
everyone's just having a bit of a laugh because you came onto the forum, knowing absolutely nothing about cars, saying you want to have twin turbos and 450rwkw like it happens every day. fair enough you have no idea, we were all there once - but you should have done a bit of reading first :p

10k on the engine could just get you a nice 355, i'm not sure how much that'll put down at the wheels, 200? something like that. now you see why we were laughing, you weren't actually serious about the 450rwkw and we knew you would never have it.

and i think your audio plan might be a little tricky with 6 subs. you see, you could have 3 monoblocks that run 2 subs each, then just chuck a switch in the remote wire to each of the amps - that way you can turn on/off 2 of the subs at a time. can't really get three on/three off though, you can't just go out and hook up three subs to one amp (explanation: learn about resistance and ohms law).

so to avoid this next time you ask a question, just make sure it's not so outrageous and try and do a little reading first :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
No wonder he wants 450rwkw though. I mean, damn, carting around that much sound equipment? You'll need that power just to get off the mark.

Also, you want to look at getting a wagon :p

And as Levymetal said - $10,000 on a motor will just get you a nice mild 355 with 200rwkw IF YOU'RE LUCKY. I've seen 355s put out less.

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
I did think about getting a wagon, but nah i like a sedan better. What else could a 304 be stroked to? Just wondering. The whole idea of me getting a vn v8 is to work on it and learn about cars. I've never actually been a gear head, but the cars i love the first are corvettes. Can i say the word corvettes on this forum? Lol. I hope one day i'd have a nice 1998 c5 corvette with a ls1 v8. Maybe in the near future, when i have my own family.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
of course you can say corvette haha.

i think there are heaps of options, 355 and 383 being the most common. pretty sure you can get 396 or something as well, and i have heard of 333. don't quote me on that though :p

if you want to work on it yourself, grab a haynes/gregories workshop manual. you've probably picked the easiest car to work on in the whole world!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'll watch for the cops for ya, I was gonna go for seven cams in the calais and 9 in the ecotec. that should give me at least 900rwkw in each. Sorry dumbass, I couldn't help myself.:yeah:

-Could 2 cams be able to fit into a vn or vp 5 litre v8?[/QUOTE]
-a nice sound system with 6 fusion subs,
-and a couple of speakers in the front doors, whatever they are called.
-Can i say the word corvettes on this forum?
-i'm going to spend 5 grand, i want 300 to 450 kilowatts,and a steering wheel
-Cars aren't my passion, my passion is reptiles

I hope you werent calling me a dumb ass here.:bang:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lmao, you're paranoid holdencommodorevp :) That's twice now in this thread you think people are having a stab at you ^_^

I think it's safe to assume all the flak is directed at our local trolling OP :p

Commodores86

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a vk commodore
honestly i'd just be happy with a v8 with a 2.5 inch exhaust and cam to drive around in on the weekends, might get a spare v8 that has the cam in it, just in case something happens to the v8 already in the car. I'm not a hoon, but i'd like to hear a v8 at 5000 rpm plus.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
honestly i'd just be happy with a v8 with a 2.5 inch exhaust and cam to drive around in on the weekends, might get a spare v8 that has the cam in it, just in case something happens to the v8 already in the car. I'm not a hoon, but i'd like to hear a v8 at 5000 rpm plus.

If you love the sound so much, why not run without pipes at all then?

Status
Not open for further replies.