Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much power loss would this be causing ???

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
its not like that from factory guys, my vn never had that dint in it till i lowered it and tucked 15's, heard vibrations till i hit hallam road train tracks and the exhaust rattle stopped, raised the car later that month and HELLO there was the same dint

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Im sure what Abba Fan means is that every commodore is dented like that in the same place - as if it were factory (when its obviously not) and making a joke about it.

TBH I thought you guys would be clever enough to spot he was making a joke...

And there will be no noticable power loss from it, an exhaust has to be crushed pretty badly before seeing any noticable loss. You probably would notice a power loss if it were something like a porsche 924 or 944, but commodore exhausts are pretty poorly designed already so a little crushed bit doesnt really make much difference.

BTW Back pressure is not something you want in your exhaust system, Read up on Helmholtz resonance.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, I was serious. A factory VN-VS live axle rear muffler has that dent in it for the exact purpose of clearing the panhard rod.

Some aftermarket replacement OEM mufflers have that dent too, particularly Walker, who make the original part. Most others don't, and performance exhausts don't either.

I never said it wouldn't affect it, I said you wouldn't notice it.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
I love the way you ALL think it's not factory.

Please explain, how EVERYONE has managed to get the EXACT same dent in ALL of their cars.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I love the way you ALL think it's not factory.

Please explain, how EVERYONE has managed to get the EXACT same dent in ALL of their cars.

Because it is factory.....

Although, a larger than standard exhaust coupled with low suspension MAY dent the exhaust, but it wouldn't look like that, it would be more of a line mating up exactly to the panhard rod.

Sometimes exhaust places will put a dent in the exhaust to clear the panhard rod because they don't know how to fit an exhaust properly.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Because it is factory.....

Although, a larger than standard exhaust coupled with low suspension MAY dent the exhaust, but it wouldn't look like that, it would be more of a line mating up exactly to the panhard rod.

Sometimes exhaust places will put a dent in the exhaust to clear the panhard rod because they don't know how to fit an exhaust properly.

I'm agreeing with you

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I know....at first I didn't see 'not' and thought you weren't, but what I said works either way lol.

vsv6dude

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 wagon
deleted post

Last edited: