Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much to tune a ssv manual?

BehaveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV E3 Tourer
Thats not how it works. You wouldnt be lowering the AFR at all. Thats what PE is there for, otherwise a car will always trim to stoich as it should.

OTR & Exhaust => cooler intake air and better flow of the hot exhaust gas => more oxygen in the mixture before ignition => more fuel required to burn all oxygen and maintain 14.7afr

Also the cooler mix will allow for spark timing advances as there is less chance of detonation.

For more power than the factory ecu setting, timing and then it's playing with the AFR... That's really about it, optimize this for various pre starting positions over the full rev range and save as preset is your mafless tune. I am sure most if not all mafless tuned cars will run a little more fuel to air than 14.7, if anyone can show their mafless tune dyno graph showing the AF line?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Here here, when I pick up my series F GTS I won't be going near a MAFless tuner.

When i pick up my brand new Ferrari, mansion, learjet, cruiseliner, helicopter and multiple big tittied models, i'll be laughing at you bragging on the internets. Also, my penis is bigger then yours.

And I'm telling him that if he retains his O2 sensor and MAF sensor a tune does FA,but that's only my personal EXPERIENCE.

Reaper has a cammed E3, with a MAF tune. Does pretty good, as long as you don't need the airconditioning.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
And if you knew anything the manufactures of Pacmakers and OTR"s claim to increase fuel economy and the same as tune shops, of course I know increasing horsepower reduces fuel economy, we even de-rate motors where I work so we have only the horsepower needed for ruling grades to save fuel. It wants a whinge, it was an observation, I don't give a **** about the price of fuel as I'm on 160k a year and my only expense apart from running my cars and bike is my $12 a week rent.

This bloke is a fool......
Increasing HP "can" increase fuel economy as LESS throttle is required to make the same power .

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Here here, when I pick up my series F GTS I won't be going near a MAFless tuner.
You officially just won the 'JustCommodores Biggest e-Wang award'.
CONGRATS MATE!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

head-up-ass.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

BehaveSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV E3 Tourer
Let's keep the discussion factual and clear of emotions guys, we are all here to help the OP in whatever capacity we can. Please use facts to aid the discussion. Debates are great, and that's how we share and learn and encourages new thinking, but let's be mature and move away from these pictures as we're better than this.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Jesus...I feel like I just got a detention.

Thousands of people have had their v8 tuned. Most are very happy with the results. others expect too much, and complain.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
For more power than the factory ecu setting, timing and then it's playing with the AFR... That's really about it, optimize this for various pre starting positions over the full rev range and save as preset is your mafless tune. I am sure most if not all mafless tuned cars will run a little more fuel to air than 14.7, if anyone can show their mafless tune dyno graph showing the AF line?

Have you ever looked at any of the tuning software available and what can actually be manipulated in the tables? Or are you basing all what you say off what you think?

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!

I would seriously hope you've never seen a dyno sheet showing 14.7 on the AFR graph!!

Tuned or fresh off the factory floor, no car will ever run 14.7 on a dyno run unless they are attempting to throw a piston...
But at the same time, every car will target 14.7AFR when not in PE mode, tuned or not.