Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How not to built an L67

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
In old SC forum days was a gold vp wagon....11's with modded l67 then later on high 9's with whipple blown setup burnout comps/pwerskids etc

Astro6 if you look up yt clips...not into the v6 models but did like how competitive dudes were back then.

10 years ago seemed like all L67 cars were stuck in the 12's untill turbo/whipple kits came along.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
@Decicrate has really taken the development of the the M90 a lot further ahead with porting etc. Back in the day it was only really YT that supplied parts and that other dude who I haven't heard off for a long time. FIT, that was it.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
And yet you don't see V6 blocks blowing out, the serious guys fit mains girdles from MACE ;)

Cranks flex, it's a fact of life. Don't create solutions for problems that don't exist. If V6 motors where blowing out the mains then sure, but they aren't so why waste big $$$ on a solution for a non existent problem?

There are a couple of whipple charged V6 motors, 4.2 strokers

There is also a 513rwkw turbo 4.2 ecotec in the Mace forum, check it out. Those little blocks are quiet sturdy.

Yea there's a stock bottom end LS1 that made 1400hp at westec performance.
My point isn't weather the engine will catastrophically fail it's more about wear.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
@Decicrate has really taken the development of the the M90 a lot further ahead with porting etc. Back in the day it was only really YT that supplied parts and that other dude who I haven't heard off for a long time. FIT, that was it.

I've talked with a guy before that rebuilds M90's they're puss really. If you were to go all out on a M90 you get a harrop built one with re teflon coated rotors and CNC porting......... But why?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I get that you hate the M90, that's fine but please don't force your opinion onto all others.

Many would argue that spending money on the ol' plastic is a waste of time and yet legions of fans build Holden 304/8 motors still even though they have a few issues and there are cheaper options. Horses for courses ;)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
M90 is fine for stocker L67.....holden should have optioned a larger blower for the revheads

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
M90 is fine for stocker L67.....holden should have optioned a larger blower for the revheads
They should have also made something like the M62 but bigger to fit the Aust early V6......

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Totally agree, the older 3800 V6 motors are perfect for a little turbo action.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nooooooooooooo...turbo like the gnx/buick regal seppo model with buick engine
Turbo would be nice but I don't have the skill to fit one. If the US manifold worked on an early V6 Commodore I'd look into a poxy M62 to give a few extra HP; as that I could fit myself. Tony's Turbo kit is around $3500 plus fitting and I'd need to pay labour as well. Probably make the total bill $5k.