Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How the **** do I remove this ?!?!

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
So I'm swapping the trim in my car to the trim from a VZ SS (black roof lining and pillar trim etc..) anyway How do I remove the little beige bits of trim that the rear seat belts go through and replace them with my new black ones..?? Surely there is a quick fix for this.. driving me mad it is haha.

Thanks in advance. Picture for reference to what I'm talking about

Attachments

• 2012-03-07_17-50-12_401.jpg
    2012-03-07_17-50-12_401.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 903

lsx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7L M6
buy seat belts with black bits already on it or do what mr vx said an paint them

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Yeah you have to replace the whole seatbelt if you want to change that little piece. I myself would replace it, but thats because i'm fussy with stuff like that. It would be cheaper to just paint it.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You could try cutting a very fine cut (with a very sharp blade not a saw) right in the centre of the section that is hidden by the seat belt, slide the belt through it and then glue together. If you do a good job it shouldn't be noticeable and it will be hidden by the seat belt anyway. The only problem with that is getting some in the colour you want that aren't already on seat belts.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You could try cutting a very fine cut (with a very sharp blade not a saw) right in the centre of the section that is hidden by the seat belt, slide the belt through it and then glue together. If you do a good job it shouldn't be noticeable and it will be hidden by the seat belt anyway. The only problem with that is getting some in the colour you want that aren't already on seat belts.

Umm isnt that the part that swivels on the bolt attached to the pillar? The part that connects the seat belt to the car and stops you from flying forward?

It wont be noticable till you hit the brakes and someone dies when the glue doesnt hold.. good luck cutting it with a blade too lol

Painting it will increase friction and the seatbelts wont retract properly. There are only two options.. live with the beige colour or replace the entire seatbelt assembly.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
^^ I think he was talking about cutting the beige plastic piece, not the steel guide.:doh:

You maybe able to pull the clip part of the belt through if you are very careful. undo the belt from the floor, remove the bolt from the belt end, this requires you to unscrew the fiber washer, then all you should be left with is the clip that locks into the buckle and the floor mount section. I think with a little patience and being very careful you should be able to slide it through.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Umm isnt that the part that swivels on the bolt attached to the pillar? The part that connects the seat belt to the car and stops you from flying forward?

It wont be noticable till you hit the brakes and someone dies when the glue doesnt hold.. good luck cutting it with a blade too lol

Painting it will increase friction and the seatbelts wont retract properly. There are only two options.. live with the beige colour or replace the entire seatbelt assembly.

You have completely miss understood what accentstencil said. He was referring to cutting the piece that the OP wants to paint. As in cut a very fine slit in it, then feed the seat belt through it so he will have it out of the car, then he can paint it and then put it back on.
There is no safety issue with this as this is not part of the seat belt system itself, it's minor cosmetics to dress the car up a bit.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I guess I must have misunderstood, if so I apologise.. but looking at that photo, the beige plastic is just the coating on the metal guide? I'm a bit mystified at how you would be able to remove it, maybe the photo just doesnt show enough.

My VR and VS and both the Kias wouldnt allow this, I will check out the Stato later today when it comes back from the farm, its a WK (VY).. maybe they are different in later models.