Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How the **** do I remove this ?!?!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
^^ I think he was talking about cutting the beige plastic piece, not the steel guide
You have completely miss understood what accentstencil said. He was referring to cutting the piece that the OP wants to paint. As in cut a very fine slit in it, then feed the seat belt through it so he will have it out of the car, then he can paint it and then put it back on.
There is no safety issue with this as this is not part of the seat belt system itself, it's minor cosmetics to dress the car up a bit.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I should have made myself more clear.
I did say cut with a sharp blade, so I wasn't referring to any metal parts. The beige plastic bit is purely cosmetic and clips in.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I guess I must have misunderstood, if so I apologise.. but looking at that photo, the beige plastic is just the coating on the metal guide? I'm a bit mystified at how you would be able to remove it, maybe the photo just doesnt show enough.

My VR and VS and both the Kias wouldnt allow this, I will check out the Stato later today when it comes back from the farm, its a WK (VY).. maybe they are different in later models.

Are you viewing the picture on a phone?????

If not, you may need your eyes checked, the beige plastic dress trim is clearly a separate piece from the swivel mount.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
If the OP Does by seat belts with it on, then he needs to know you can't go buy second hand ones as it is illegal to sell and buy second hand seat belts.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
So I'm swapping the trim in my car to the trim from a VZ SS (black roof lining and pillar trim etc..) anyway How do I remove the little beige bits of trim that the rear seat belts go through and replace them with my new black ones..?? Surely there is a quick fix for this.. driving me mad it is haha.

Thanks in advance. Picture for reference to what I'm talking about

i had the same problem holden had a fix for this where there was a split hidden by the belt on VX 2 onwards

i went to by them from holden the price was $60 each :rofl2:

go to a wrecker you'll get for free

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
i had the same problem holden had a fix for this where there was a split hidden by the belt on VX 2 onwards

i went to by them from holden the price was $60 each :rofl2:

go to a wrecker you'll get for free
What a rip off, $59 profit.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I had to replace one of mine as the tabs that hold it in place on the trim broke, I ended up changing the whole belt unit.

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
epic thread dig I know - but I have arranged to have these remade in CAD & 3D printed - They turned out so great, hopefully this post helps others.

This post talks about the process and getting the donor parts together to arrange the remake.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-ss-kitted-a-tidy-6-banger.66987/post-3227372

and this post is them in the car. All I did since receiving them is give them a sand to remove the printing marks/imperfections..
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-ss-kitted-a-tidy-6-banger.66987/post-3243722

——
As mentioned in those posts, I’m so happy with the outcome - Gary killed it.
https://buildninja.com.au/product/vt-z-rear-seat-belt-escutcheon/

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That rear seal needs to be flicked out.