Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to "alter" bumper...

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I know :D exactly why I do the things to my car and not care what anyone else says...Although there are a few exceptions :)

Well I will have a go at cutting the bar and see how it looks after that...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'm not out to please everyone else :)

Neither am I, which is why I bought 'ceptors for my VP. God, I could have made love to that car. :bow:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Have a stab, and if it ****s up.....well..........yeah!!

w3bstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Berlina 3.8 & 1996 VS Berlina 3.8
My opinion on what you should do to your car lightning, a nice paint job ( a dark colour such as black or something...) take off the mud flaps.. rid of the neons and stuff on the exterior (interior you can get away with, what i did was just bought blue globes for the middle roof light and the door lights)... rims.... and lower it... if its your first car which i think it is, i wouldnt even bother with half of that.. just save up to buy something better in about a yrs time or something.

My opinion on your front bumper, Don't touch it... leave it the way it is.. ricing up any type of commodore looks like ****.

ps: make all your 'ceptors the same colour at the VERY least. I noticed you have 3 black and 1 silver. Even if you dont have the money to buy rims, spray them all chrome or something.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Have a stab, and if it ****s up.....well..........yeah!!

can easily get a new one from the wreckers :p may even get lucky and find a non stock one :thumbsup: although you have to know exactly when to go...

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah, anytime will do. All the Holden wreckers out my end of town have plenty of VP bumpers, they are a dime a dozen because so many of them get written off.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
My opinion on what you should do to your car lightning, a nice paint job ( a dark colour such as black or something...) take off the mud flaps.. rid of the neons and stuff on the exterior (interior you can get away with, what i did was just bought blue globes for the middle roof light and the door lights)... rims.... and lower it... if its your first car which i think it is, i wouldnt even bother with half of that.. just save up to buy something better in about a yrs time or something.

My opinion on your front bumper, Don't touch it... leave it the way it is.. ricing up any type of commodore looks like ****.

ps: make all your 'ceptors the same colour at the VERY least. I noticed you have 3 black and 1 silver. Even if you dont have the money to buy rims, spray them all chrome or something.

actually 2 silver and 2 black :whistling never got around to painting the other 2 black ones...But may be getting new rims soon :thumbsup:

As for the suggestion about the lights, There staying where they are :dance:
As for your suggestion about the bumper and "ricing up any type of commodore looks like ****" How would it be any different to the Senator bumper, or any other bumper that I posted a link to?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
He means the mesh i think, not cutting the bumper. Cut the 2 pieces away, it wouldn't look all that bad. Would look better than what it does now with them there......