Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to BiModal exhaust

v-petn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SS VE
Guys,

Can anyone who has installed BiModal exhaust on SS VE please let me know how hard is it to setup the remote fob to get it open and closed? How hard is it? Do I need an electrician?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Well there's a couple of ways, but in retrospect the aim of bimodal on a VE has to be to flick switch in order to pass the roadside stationary noise test. So toward that goal you need HSV Pneumatic bimodals (pre servo motor) cost around $300 a set on eBay and good availability.
The pneumatic solenoid controller options are Forza and Mild2Wild, $120-$250. I went with the Mild2Wild NPP-in-a-Box.
NPP in a Box comes with controller and hoses, all you need do is:
  1. Swap cans to bimodals, connect vacuum line to controller
  2. Unclip rear diffuser and carefully stuff in controller box wrapped in noise reducing foam, zip back up again
  3. Run power circuit through grommet hole in wheel well across to battery cove where you piggy back existing fuse
  4. Run vacuum pipe from controller by tucking it up underbody to purpose-ready nipple at rear of intake manifold.
Don't worry comes with instructions and pics ;) Let me know if you need more details.

v-petn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SS VE
thanks monstar... sounds challenging and i'll do some more research to see if i can get my head around it

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
have you got a photo of you setup Monstar?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How does this compare to a Varex setup ?

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
that is a bloody good video, should have seen this earlier and not wasting money on different cat back.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
1/4 price Varex, diaphragm actuator engineered for constant duty vs servo motor turning carbonised flap under wide heat range.
*** Use headphones***

Damn that sounds good, Is that stock catback

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Damn that sounds good, Is that stock catback
Thanks. Not stock but really simple (cheap) straight 2.5" with x-pipe in tuned location.
The main thing here is the bit before the catback, properly sized and tuned section between headers and catback (3" rising to 4" megaphone diffuser).

v-petn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SS VE
Well there's a couple of ways, but in retrospect the aim of bimodal on a VE has to be to flick switch in order to pass the roadside stationary noise test. So toward that goal you need HSV Pneumatic bimodals (pre servo motor) cost around $300 a set on eBay and good availability.
The pneumatic solenoid controller options are Forza and Mild2Wild, $120-$250. I went with the Mild2Wild NPP-in-a-Box.
NPP in a Box comes with controller and hoses, all you need do is:
  1. Swap cans to bimodals, connect vacuum line to controller
  2. Unclip rear diffuser and carefully stuff in controller box wrapped in noise reducing foam, zip back up again
  3. Run power circuit through grommet hole in wheel well across to battery cove where you piggy back existing fuse
  4. Run vacuum pipe from controller by tucking it up underbody to purpose-ready nipple at rear of intake manifold.
Don't worry comes with instructions and pics ;) Let me know if you need more details.

Hey Monstar,

Do you mind posting links on what I need to buy to get this up and running? Do I need to cut or solder any wires? I hope not because electrical wiring and me don't mix and never ends well