Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to change dome lights VF SV6

Awesomeusername

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
I am trying to upgrade the dome lights in my VF SV6 Series II but i can not figure out how to remove the plastic coverings to get to the bulbs, is there some special way to do so or is it just not possible without breaking something.

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
You dont actually remove the plastic dome, instead you have to pull down the entire fitting from the roof and change the bulb from behind.

You can do this by gently pulling from inside the sunglasses holder. Its the same as on the VE, and theres a rough video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6okJO9Vqq10

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
Yes rear one pulls down from the front of the assembly, just get your nails under the edge that faces the front of the car and pull downwards. Then just twist out the globe holder.

smitchy

Reaction score
Website
www.webchemistry.com.au
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SSV Redline VF Series II

Rollin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Walky rep, VF SV6 Sportwagon
On my S1 VF I need to pull down the sides on the front interior light to get it out. It has tabs in the back that need to be taken out last and put back in first when putting it back in. Took me ages to get it as I was trying to pull the back down first lol

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
just be aware that when you change the interior dome lights to LED they don't really dim well due to them not being incandescent, and when they try and dim, they end up flickering before they completely turn off. (have every bulb in my VE SS interior changed to LED)