Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade from VZ to VF

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Nah, $2 spray-on tint was a 90’s thing. And if you want it … costs $2 rather than $695!
not really, i have them and i honestly think they look a lot better, i got my original one's spray tinted and after a year they peeled or rather delaminated, i had to spend a fair few hours wet n' drying them back to have them done again. They sit i a box as spares for now but could easily sell them as they , in my opinion, are so much better than S1 taillights. I will also add they "DO NOT" look like they have had a spray job, i shoulda just bought them in the first place and left the originals as that, original. But don't you think the standard ones are a bit bright for that vehicle

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Short answer … no, it didn’t occur to me before your post & after some quiet consideration I still think they look like what should have originally been fitted to VE. :)

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
:) yes , but once again this stuff is subjective , I have bright green trim as a chrome delete , some love it and some don't, meh , thats life

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
always thought the pop out drink holders were cool on those models

only issue is the same one we are all facing ...parts supply going forward , particularly shitty plastic interior bits

e.g. $750 a piece for those drink holders on Holmart - lawd

At risk of repeating myself ........... those flimsy, badly placed drink / cup holders are for amusement only, for a couple of times, then the novelty of watching them fold wears off.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
What made me well chuffed, was a lady that lives up the street commented on how nice I keep the car and how great it looks. She owns two Ferraris, one of which is a 488 Spider, and an Aston Martin DB9
Crikey - 2 Ferraris and an Aston up the street at one house - what sort of an area in Adelaide do you live in?
My area has old boats and caravans parked in the street.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crikey - 2 Ferraris and an Aston up the street at one house - what sort of an area in Adelaide do you live in?
My area has old boats and caravans parked in the street.
Next street over from me there’s the one place with a new Ferrari that’s new enough I didn’t even know what model it was (turns out to be an SF90 - and it’s a blue Ferrari which means the buyer is so rich resale is irrelevant) parked in the driveway, next to the house with the (much more normal ‘round here) early-mid 90’s (blob model) Camry in the driveway …

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Next street over from me there’s the one place with a new Ferrari that’s new enough I didn’t even know what model it was (turns out to be an SF90 - and it’s a blue Ferrari which means the buyer is so rich resale is irrelevant) parked in the driveway, next to the house with the (much more normal ‘round here) early-mid 90’s (blob model) Camry in the driveway …
Look at Mister "Lives in a flash area, but shrugs it off". ;)
My neighbours dream of a blobbly Camry.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Look at Mister "Lives in a flash area, but shrugs it off". ;)
My neighbours dream of a blobbly Camry.
I’ll take some happy-snaps next time I’m over there, and you can sell print-outs on nice glossy paper to them, if you like!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
There's a fellow in my street who drives a 1996 Ford Taurus and he doesn't care who knows it.

1699863402741.png