Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to change the VE headlight globe

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What about changing the fog lights?

Remove the clips from the inner guard(not all, just the lower ones and a couple along the outer front side.), peel it back, and there is the fog light. Depending on year, they are H10 or H11. Similar on a E3 HSV, except they are driving lights, which are H3's.

tremain

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
the complicated part seems to be removing the clip. im squeasing it puillin it levering it etc. would help if i had a diagram showing how it works. the manual gives no other directions either only "remove the clip" i dont really want to be taking out the whole light assembly jsut for this $^%#^ clip...... AARRGH

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The wire spring clip is hinged at one end and hooks under a plastic tab at the other, where there is a roundish bend in the clip. Push the bend in and unhook it from the tab then it swings back allowing access to the globe. There would be youtube clips showing you how to do it if you need to see it done.

moover

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
they are a bit fiddley, note put the blub in the right way first then connect it up.

thanks for all the tips and advice

K1NGYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 SSV
This operation is super easy remove dust cover unplug the plug attached to the bulb.Behind the dust cover there is a latch type Spring which needs to be released by pushing towards headlight then down towards the ground. Once the spring is removed the bulb will release itself. Replace with new bulb and reverse the cycle for removing bulb. On the drivers side do the same but pull up on the coolant neck to release it for extra room. When it comes to the high beam globes remove dust covers unplug the plugs attached to globe(s) then simply twist the globe to the left if you are facing the car then reverse the cycle. This is what I did when I replaced the globes on my 2012 SSV ZSeries to H7 for low beam and H9 high beam all Phillips blue vision and extra white globes.
But don't forget DO NOT TOUCH the globes with your hands.
Hope this helps.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Better late then never i guess? ^^^^
:driving:

All5litres

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Omega
I found a really easy way to do the headlight globes on my VE, first I went to the fridge and got a cold beer then I sat on a milk crate and watched my mrs do it in less than 5 minutes. Her hands are tiny and mine are big. :)

steve2893

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 Ve Sv6
The wire spring clip is hinged at one end and hooks under a plastic tab at the other, where there is a roundish bend in the clip. Push the bend in and unhook it from the tab then it swings back allowing access to the globe. There would be youtube clips showing you how to do it if you need to see it done.
I can't clip my globe back into to place I feel as if the spring retainer has snapped off right at the end enough to not be able to clip back into palce?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Doubt it but take some photos on your phone so we can see what's going on