Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to divert power steering fluid

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Well the user has good feedback, and is a power seller, one would assume the gear works ok.

Delcowizz is very good at all of this, he modifys all these memcals aswell. Work out what you missing, get that engine light going, grab the error codes(theres info here on doing and interpretting the codes) then post it up here. Im sure delco will be more then happy to provide some more suggestions.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dont use a normal 12v light bulb for testing injector pulse the ecu will hate you :D . i reckon make a check engine light would be the best step at this point so we know the ecu is powering up and running

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i though not having a engine check light also upset the ECU?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nah should still run without it

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 commodore&vs v6 91 hilux 4x4
thanks m8 i have found that the pink A4 wire to ecu is earthing out even with every thing disconnected so as soon as i fix the short and get check light going ill put all the codes up all 100.000.000 of them
it should not take to long i had the day of today and took me 5 hours to find the earth prob now i just cannot work out how its getting there as with the battery disconnected and the ecu the A4 terminal gives earth to my test bulb with negative terminal earth to ground,body and positive to test bulb and completely disconnected from the wiring altogether

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
delcowizz is better off answering that. If i had the schematic i could probably give you a few pointers, but unfortunatly ive moved recently and i have no idea what i have done with my workshop manual. There used to be some online but i cant think where, might have been drbobs site??

eDIT, yes it was there. It will earth out all the time because it feeds the efi relay coil which is earthed. PLus if you have the fuse(10) in, your gonna get a backfeed to other ccts. Pull the efi relay, ignition realy, fuse 10, and oil pressure switch and see if that shows the wiring clear then. Maybe a few things to disconnect, but from what i can see they will cause you to show earth.
Actually given all of that, i would (unless there is damage somwhere) assume that everything is fine on A4. If its shorting out you will blow the fuse10. If the fuse is not blowing then i would assume everthing is ok.

Looks as if the engine lamp is fed by the battery and then earthed at the ecu, so 12v on the bulb permanently and then it gets 0v when the ecu earths it at the F5 terminal

Last edited:

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks well thats some good news for the life of me i couldnt work out how it was doing what it was (shorting out ) doing or is that called an open circuit
having said that im not realy any closer to solving the prob
and when it was all hooked up befor the earth was going through that A4 into the ecu and killing the + power at E9 i think
so what im going to do this time is check and cross check and triple check that its all in the right place and if there is still a prob then ill disconnect what u said and if it disapears then its hooked up right
if it dont i then no of one prob
allso im going to have another crack at the check light that is the KEY
one other thing i was thinking about does a blower only run on unleaded or can gas be used
not that the diff's can handle the new found torque k/w

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Dont know that one, possibly with a proper gas injection system. Pretty sure it wont work with a venturie gas system. Though it may, but you would have seen the damage a small backfire does to the air filter box, let alone the backfires you would get with a blower.

E9 gives 12v+ to the ecu, goes from ignition barrel then through fuse#9, It also feeds the oxygen sensors aswell. If fuse#9 is holding then one would assume all is ok there aswell. If it were 0v at the ecu, it would be a short cct and blow the fuse.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Rob's Creative Calibrations - Wiring Diagrams - have you got this

E9 is 12v+ power to the ecu for somthing. The power comes from the ignition through fuse#9, feeds the oxygen sensors on the way and ends up at the ecu on E9. Again if the fuse is holding then i would think this cct is ok.

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
no im not using this and its seem alot better all about the engine & auto ill use this diagram this time round
all so i have not had any fuses blowing and im using 7.5 amp aswell so algood there thanks 4 this link always good to see and go with more then one way helps think out side the box
the only odd thing was efi relay getting hot but i found an earth had come loose so im not sure if it was that or what