Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get rid of hostile stalkers who talegate u?

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
Hi all,

As my title says, what's the best way to do it? I had 1 who wants start a road rage and potentially do a ram and run to my car. He tail gated me for kms on my way home from work...I eventually lost him after I turned into side streets then into the traffic.

I will take him on one on one no probs if it comes to fighting, but don't want to jepadise my car nor my home and wife and kids. I was gonna drive to the local cop shop and park in their surveillance cameras view at their gate and that way any thing happens will be captured on tape along with his rego while I get out and defend my car if needed. With cops in sight I guess he would back off.

What would u do? I mean I love my family, car and house so I will do everything to protect them. What's the best way in this case? Cheers.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
beat way is a hard stomp on the brakes ....... but maybe not while driving the SSV, that is what old falcons were made for.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
drive to cop shop, if hes silly enough to have a go there, good luck to him. worst case, pull up in front, and get on your horn if he gets out of the car.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
beat way is a hard stomp on the brakes ....... but maybe not while driving the SSV, that is what old falcons were made for.

Just so you know, If anyone were to "brake check" me for any reason. I'd follow them and make sure they couldn't walk afterwards...

It is one of the most dangerous and stupidest things you could ever suggest to someone.

Hi all,

As my title says, what's the best way to do it? I had 1 who wants start a road rage and potentially do a ram and run to my car. He tail gated me for kms on my way home from work...I eventually lost him after I turned into side streets then into the traffic.

I will take him on one on one no probs if it comes to fighting, but don't want to jepadise my car nor my home and wife and kids. I was gonna drive to the local cop shop and park in their surveillance cameras view at their gate and that way any thing happens will be captured on tape along with his rego while I get out and defend my car if needed. With cops in sight I guess he would back off.

What would u do? I mean I love my family, car and house so I will do everything to protect them. What's the best way in this case? Cheers.

What did you do to provoke him?

Cheers
Mat

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
If he seems like he/she/they are going to go all the way to your house I'd go to a local police station and park there or something like that. Otherwise sometimes it's funny to turn on your lights and they think you're about to brake haha
I've had a few in my work van in a 50 zone near Bibra Lake - a lot of kids are there in the afternoons, people seem to go 70-80 because it's a straight long road but quite often there are cops, followed me for a while I try to ignore them or lose them in traffic

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
as said while doing a truck licence as they say you should be the professional driver.
continue along dont provoke.
or slow down 1 or 2 kms and move slightly to the left so they can see past and overtake when safe.

or even if that doesnt work. pull over and let them past.
but again dont provoke others to make stupid decisions.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Ignore them, adjust your mirrors so their lights don't annoy you (at night time).
If you want to get them to eventually back off, back off the throttle instead of using brakes now and then so they get the impression you're not a predictable person to be behind and eventually they'll hang back a bit.
Drive "sewing machine" style just to add to the effect.
Wander a little from side to side in your lane now and then (they might think you're a drink driver and back off for their own safety!)

I'm not going to declare all the **** i do to tailgaters.... hell i've even had them half overtake me and have their passenger slap their hand on the side of my car to pick fights....
If you dig deep enough on here, you'll probably find a post i made about my vb and an xr6 I purposely sideswiped cause they were 1 ft in my lane and slapping hands on the side of my car......

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just so you know, If anyone were to "brake check" me for any reason. I'd follow them and make sure they couldn't walk afterwards...

It is one of the most dangerous and stupidest things you could ever suggest to someone.

Actually, I would say tail gating is more dangerous because if you weren't tailing you wouldn't be in danger of a brake check!

To the op, if you have bluetooth you keep driving and call police.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i brake checked a bitch in a 4wd last week lol. it was a win win situation.

i either scare the **** outta her, or she caves in the rear of my ute and they write it off and i get a new car.

needless to say it was the first option. bitch didnt tail gate me after that.

problem solved.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Actually, I would say tail gating is more dangerous because if you weren't tailing you wouldn't be in danger of a brake check!

To the op, if you have bluetooth you keep driving and call police.

I've been overtaken by a [P] plater, Who then did a "Brake Check" on me because I didn't "Race Him" from a set of lights which as he said made me a "Pussy".

He didn't say much afterwards.