Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to mount Front parking sensors

Christophoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
HI All,

I'm changing over from Evoke front bumper to an SV6 (will deal with the electronics of DRLs eventually) but I have noticed there may be a strange mount for the front sensors?

The two closest to the number plate on a VF1 sv6/ssv bumper. is there any documentation on how these are mounted? do I need a specific sensor/mounting clip like the DRL ones?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
HI All,

I'm changing over from Evoke front bumper to an SV6 (will deal with the electronics of DRLs eventually) but I have noticed there may be a strange mount for the front sensors?

The two closest to the number plate on a VF1 sv6/ssv bumper. is there any documentation on how these are mounted? do I need a specific sensor/mounting clip like the DRL ones?

Did your sv6 bumper not come with the sensors and loom?

If it did not come with the loom and sensors they may have removed the mounting hardware with the sensors which will mean you may need to source those pieces to mount them properly.

Christophoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
no loom or sensors at all. from what i've seen of other sv6 bumper fronts they "just clip in" so i'll have another look for some internal shots

the drl surrounds came with looms which is fine

Christophoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
If it did not come with the loom and sensors they may have removed the mounting hardware with the sensors which will mean you may need to source those pieces to mount them properly.

this is rear of it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-182146~2.png
    Screenshot_20210708-182146~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 150

Christophoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
i have tried to find a picture but i cant seem to find one but i think this is the sensor you are talking about

clip.jpg
yeah near the number plate, might call some wreckers in the morning

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yeah near the number plate, might call some wreckers in the morning

this might help, i cant find the exact part but in the manual you can see the sensor has a plastic surround, 2 different styles shown.

111.jpg

222222.jpg