Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to reset Engine Light or Airbag codes using elm327 usb

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Thanks for the link umair. I tried that one and lots of other ones on the web but can't get any win7 drivers to work with this elm327 cable. It shows up in device manager but just says that it can't start. :bang: Works fine on my desktop with XP though.
Did you try installing the program in windows 7 being administrator and running the exe file using windows compatability mode set to xp?

maccaz69

Reaction score
Hi there sorry to resurrect an old post but I'm terribly stuck! I bought proscan and a USB to try and reset my airbag light - wh stato ls1. I had just replaced the module bc after paying 65 bucks I was told it was no good. I can connect and retrieve engine codes but when I check airbag it says ok after I connect but no data when I check for codes. I am desperate for any other ideas.....

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I think you will find that on the Aussie LS1s you need to have a Tech2, or equivalent, scan tool to display/reset airbag codes. If you post where you are located (State/Suburb) someone may be able to help out.

Why42

Reaction score
Members Ride
Auto KIA
02 KIA Sportage Air Bag light on , Did as in number 1 post and used 58 for Air Bag but return was No date found --- light still on ,any other codes for Air Bag to try ???

maccaz69

Reaction score
I think you will find that on the Aussie LS1s you need to have a Tech2, or equivalent, scan tool to display/reset airbag codes. If you post where you are located (State/Suburb) someone may be able to help out.

Thanks mate i'm in melbourne SE suburbs.....I thought I'd be able to reset with proscan so I have wasted a bit of $$ on that. From the digging around I need a different cable (aldl) and different software and the obd2 / proscan is only suitable for engine data nothing else!

I have bought a new clock spring as I have heard a clicking when turning the steering wheel so it wouldn't surprise me at all if that is buggered and caused this issue.

Then I'll suss out having it reset or look at the aldl envyous commodore cable & software although I dont want to throw too much $$ at it!

Does anyone know if after I replace the clock spring and assuming there are no other faults will swapping the airbag module with one that has not had the airbag light on result in the airbag light going off or is it remembered somewhere else that the airbag light has been triggered?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Airbag error codes are held in the Sensing and Diagnostic (Airbag) module.

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
I'm not up with all the computer jizz guys, I normally jump the pins and do the old school unit counts as the engine light flashes in the on position first set of flashes for the tens unit and the second for the 1-9, how to clear the codes by the way to start fresh, I know pulling the engine fuse out for a bit is a bit dodgy... Is there a proper way without using a tech2 ?

red car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
The CarSys easy help you determine: Check Engine Light, Clears Codes, I/M Readiness Status, VIN, CALID, CVN, O2 Sensor Test, Mode $06 Test...
Link down on Play.
★ Key Features:
- Read DTCs: Store DTCs, Pending DTCs, Permanent DTCs and Freeze Frame DTCs.
- Clear DTCs:
• Clear all the current DTCs
• Clear I/M readiness
• Distance traveled while MIL is activated
• Number of warm-ups since DTCs cleared
• Distance traveled since DTCs cleared
• Engine run time while MIL is activated
• Engine run time since DTCs cleared.
- Live data: Read all real-time data.
- I/M Readiness Test: Readiness the status that all diagnostic functions.
- Read Vehicle Information:
• Vehicle Identification Number(VIN).
• Calibration IDs (CALID).
• Calibration Verification Number (CVN).
• In-use Performance Tracking (IPT).
- O2 Sensor Test (Mode$05).
- Mode $06 Test (Mode %06).
- EVAP System Test (Mode$08).
- Dashboard with Gauge and Graph.

★ Key Support:
- Hardware: OBDLink Bluetooth Farmily, KiWi Bluetooth Farmily, ELM327 Bluetooth Farmily.
- Protocol: All protocol OBD2.
- Vehicle:
• USA: All cars and light trucks manufactured since 1996 (OBD2)
• EU-Gasoline: Registered after 2001 (EOBD)
• EU-Diesel: Registered after 2004 (EOBD)

Link down on Play.