Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Spell like an Australian

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Just thought of another annoyance. Emoticons when chatting to people on MSN! I now have them disabled as I got fed up of every fourth word being a picture.

Heads up though for anyone that does wish to use them correctly, change the first letter of the name of your emoticon to a capital, this way you choose when to use it during your chat.

I usually put a number after the picture, so if it was a picture of a cat, i would put "cat1" as what I need to write, unless it's something obvious like ":rofl: which I put as pmsl

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
BAHAHAHAHA....

I know what you mean, know a few elderly people that think their "cool" and "hip" because they talk like the kids of today :bang::bang:

there's some irony right there...or they're.. or is that their? lol

It doesn't come from a language but why do some people say somethink and nothink and everythink.
What about people who end a sentence with the word 'but' when it isn't needed.
I like it but. What is that all about?

A member here has this in their name but instead of 'fulfill' I often see forfill - and people seem to say it that way too.

What about seen instead of saw. "I 'seen' a white commodore the other day". It screams dumb.

EDIT Here's my original take on the topic, i don't think i ever read the entire thread though...

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
there's some irony right there...or they're.. or is that their? lol

It doesn't come from a language but why do some people say somethink and nothink and everythink.
What about people who end a sentence with the word 'but' when it isn't needed.
I like it but. What is that all about?

A member here has this in their name but instead of 'fulfill' I often see forfill - and people seem to say it that way too.

What about seen instead of saw. "I 'seen' a white commodore the other day". It screams dumb.

I'm not the perfect speller, or English lecture, plenty of times my hand writes something different to what I'm thinking :bang:

But yes, I find it VERY annoying seeing "nk"...VERY....

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I'm not the perfect speller, or English lecture, plenty of times my hand writes something different to what I'm thinking :bang:

But yes, I find it VERY annoying seeing "nk"...VERY....

I see it like driving though. People say they don't bother to think about what 'there or their' to use but you wouldn't go straight to 5 gear from first simply because you couldn't be bothered thinking about it.
I feel it is a massive cop out for daft people.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I see it like driving though. People say they don't bother to think about what 'there or their' to use but you wouldn't go straight to 5 gear from first simply because you couldn't be bothered thinking about it.
I feel it is a massive cop out for daft people.

There is a difference between saying something and and thinking abotu something else at the same time...in the end stuffing up what you write, and being "lazy" going from 1st to 5th, if you said, "accidentally" gone from 1st to 3rd instead of second or 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd....etc etc...Then yes that wold count at the same thing, which takes practice, many times I made that mistake when I first started driving manual, as I wasn't used to having to change gears, but practice changed that...

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
There is a difference between saying something and and thinking abotu something else at the same time...in the end stuffing up what you write, and being "lazy" going from 1st to 5th, if you said, "accidentally" gone from 1st to 3rd instead of second or 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd....etc etc...Then yes that wold count at the same thing, which takes practice, many times I made that mistake when I first started driving manual, as I wasn't used to having to change gears, but practice changed that...

So if practise or practice fixed your gear-change issues then why, when you post a fair bit on here does your spelling not improve?
Flawed theory right there.

I thought of another one.

People who say (and some members here even type it) "he should of" instead of "he should have". Pretty basic stuff really.