Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Spell like an Australian

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Well lets home everyone knows there Aussie language and puts some snags on the barbie while having a VB with our thongs on and she'll be apples :thumbsup:

And plenty more here... How to Speak Australian | Aussie Slang

oh, and by the way.... it's "ARSE" not "ASS" in Australia :thumbsup: ^^^ site said so

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
The problem with america is they have to spell words the way they pronounce them, Their accents highlight their shocking bastardisation of the english language. Sometimes i wonder if they realise how ungrateful they are, They seem to think that america has been around longer than europe and that white and black people originated in america.
So as you can tell i hate america and everything it's done to this world They beleive that the rest of the world should thank them for being and expect us to pay homage to their so-called seperiority,.

I've gotten off track here so back on topic. I know i'm not perfect when it comes to speeling and grammer i been out of school for almost 10 years and find that i dont need to write formally on a daily basis.
The english language has grown so large in proportions to other languages that its a mire to learn all the ins and outs. A lot of words have been adopted and changed to suit english and tend to make it diffcult to follows rules that seem to apply to some words and not others.
I think most people dont know the basics like your verbs, nouns, adjectives and the like that cause them use the wrong words in the context of their sentences

Yes i know there are a hundred errors in my post so if you feel like being a wanker and correcting me go ahead, I'm lazy and you can do it for me :)

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
The problem with America is they have to spell words the way they pronounce them, Their accents highlight their shocking bastardisation of the English language. Sometimes i wonder if they realise how ungrateful they are, They seem to think that America has been around longer than Europe and that white and black people originated in America.
So as you can tell i hate America and everything it's done to this world They believe that the rest of the world should thank them for being and expect us to pay homage to their so-called superiority,.

I've gotten off track here so back on topic. I know I'm not perfect when it comes to spelling and grammar i been out of school for almost 10 years and find that i don't need to write formally on a daily basis.
The English language has grown so large in proportions to other languages that its a mire to learn all the ins and outs. A lot of words have been adopted and changed to suit English and tend to make it difficult to follows rules that seem to apply to some words and not others.
I think most people don't know the basics like your verbs, nouns, adjectives and the like that cause them use the wrong words in the context of their sentences

Yes i know there are a hundred errors in my post so if you feel like being a wanker and correcting me go ahead, I'm lazy and you can do it for me :)

Done...Your main problem is the use of a capital letter, which you can achieve by holding down the "Shift" button then the letter of your choice...:yeah::yeah:

But yes, do find a lot of times yo will read something someone has written and it sounds exactly like something out of American movies...

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
But yes, do find a lot of times yo will read something someone has written and it sounds exactly like something out of American movies...

Y'all dawg :bang:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
most of those spelling mistakes are deliberate errors or just pure laziness. shift key? my keyboard seems to lack that one

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
most of those spelling mistakes are deliberate errors or just pure laziness. shift key? my keyboard seems to lack that one

i agree with the laziness to a degree but why would people continually spell the same words wrong deliberately? Seems a little weird. Back to my example before, a person wouldn't deliberately shift from 1st to 5th gear nor do it through laziness.
I'm the same sometimes with the shift key, if I'm banging away one handed i don't use it.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Y'all dawg :bang:

ow it angin?

*shoots self for even attempting that*

I figured that...Most mine are usually accidental, unless I don't know the word, but I try to talk the best I can to atleast look decent...