Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to start a vs commodore without the key

vx Devil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
Hey guy just wanted to know how to start my vs sedan V6 Ecotec it has not key so I have taken the back off the Bowral and can turn the Reds on with a screwdriver and just the start relay but my injectors are not pulsing wish is stopping to from getting full I can spray fuel in the air intake and it will fire it just won't run off the injectiors but yet it does do the first prime

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
It's locked out, you need the key head to make contact with the ring to disable the alarm

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yea but I have no key and I just want it to start and run as it is just a skid car

Honestly I seriously doubt anyone will give a detailed description on here for fear of the information being used by less honest people

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Your realistically going to need a key. I don't see any easier option than that. Wreckers, FB or Gumtree will be your friend. You will need a key and matching BCM, and possibly the memcal from the same car but I can't remember for sure, but the key and matching BCM might be enough. I had one for sale a while back and IIRC all I needed to give this buyer was the ignition barrel, key and BCM.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Your realistically going to need a key. I don't see any easier option than that. Wreckers, FB or Gumtree will be your friend. You will need a key and matching BCM, and possibly the memcal from the same car but I can't remember for sure, but the key and matching BCM might be enough. I had one for sale a while back and IIRC all I needed to give this buyer was the ignition barrel, key and BCM.
Memcal match not needed prior to VT. BCM and fob is enough.

vx Devil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive s2
So all I need is a key barrel and key and the BCM from a vs V6 commodore and it will start run and drive

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So all I need is a key barrel and key and the BCM from a vs V6 commodore and it will start run and drive
Providing there is no other issues yes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You could, but a new key is about $350 - $400.