Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
HSV components don't bastardise the car as they're perceived to be properly designed and made to meet Holden standards.
I thought HSV were brutal in levering lower arms to replace standard rear springs with their rear springs. Bent metal was the end result of their quality spring install :rolleyes:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I thought HSV were brutal in levering lower arms to replace standard rear springs with their rear springs. Bent metal was the end result of their quality spring install :rolleyes:
They were probably on an incentive scheme to punch jobs out fast and doing a roughie's common. I doubt levering the arm down to the extent of damaging it was HSV's standard fitment process.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Holden caps are smaller than HSV so if you want to replace the caps, you don't have much choice.

I got these instead.....

https://3dcarstickers.com/product/699/

5aP6E3V.jpg
Thanx for the link , great idea , i sent a couple logo's off to get a preview , not sure which i prefer . Any opinions ?
Green lion.jpg
Black lion .png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My only issue with them is that, because they're the Skoda corporate colours & nobody else has the same colours, from a distance I'd be wondering why you'd fit Skoda centre-caps to wheels on an HSV or Holden.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
My only issue with them is that, because they're the Skoda corporate colours & nobody else has the same colours, from a distance I'd be wondering why you'd fit Skoda centre-caps to wheels on an HSV or Holden.

I'm mulling over something altogether a bit different. The logo is intellectual property/a registered trademark, can it legitimately be freely reproduced? I have seen Holden wheels with the red lion caps (OEM), but never anything of different colours as being explored in this thread...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The logo is intellectual property/a registered trademark, can it legitimately be freely reproduced?
Anyone can do whatever they like and sell stuff until the full weight of the law is brought down on them. At that point, many would be wishing they hadn’t sold the stuff at all (but it’s usually too late since the cease and desist will involve some cost to the aggrieved intellectual property owner and their lawyers)... :eek:

Nothing really stops people doing things for their own consumption which is in part why every company hates 3d print technology :D:mad:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm mulling over something altogether a bit different. The logo is intellectual property/a registered trademark, can it legitimately be freely reproduced? I have seen Holden wheels with the red lion caps (OEM), but never anything of different colours as being explored in this thread...

These come from the Ukraine.

Good luck to GM chasing them down with cease & desist demands.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Anyone can do whatever they like and sell stuff until the full weight of the law is brought down on them. At that point, many would be wishing they hadn’t sold the stuff at all

True. And that's the point. Once it ('if') gets to the man sitting at the bench, pleading ignorance e.g. "oh, I didn't know that" is not a valid defence. Something reproduced for personal use, rather than wider consumption, is probably unlikely to garner much attention. But I would still be careful.