Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I always thought the Peugeot logo always looked enviously at the Holden logo, because the Peugeot logo wasn't given a ball to play with.

No racing helmet though :p

Vauxhall got a lion-ish creature, but got a flag to wave!

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I always thought the Peugeot logo always looked enviously at the Holden logo, because the Peugeot logo wasn't given a ball to play with.

This is a cracker. Couldn't stop laughing!!! :D

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Vauxhall is a Griffin
00f64-16147785907949-800.jpg

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
UPDATE

So Gents I finally got around to getting in a Clubsport R8 LSA ( Manual) And might I say I was stuck to my seat with the amount of fun I was having . Firstly I can see myself probably getting a ticket or 2 or even getting my license taken away from me due to the temptation of having a heavy right foot and also been very broke due to all the fuel I would have to cop out . In simple terms its like an addiction and now the bug has bitten me fully. Now I still cant make an comparison with the question I have written down (LS3 vs LSA , GTS vs Clubsport , Manual vs Auto) but compared to the GTS the Clubsport feels a tiny bit more heavier especially with the feel of the body roll in sharp turns but I cant fault it just with that that as a peeve . but I think either way I would be very happy with either. Now I'm happy with how much feeling I get with the manual I can safely say that whatever I end up getting will be a manual as I felt that the manual felt 100x better if you were in the right gear ( Plus you get launch controls so cant really complain that much ) as the automatic left me a little disappointed with response .

So the next car I got to book in for a drive definitely an LS3 as I cannot just wipe it just yet.

Plus is are there any common problems with the GTS or Clubsport cause when I asked the salespeople they don't really give me any straight answers

Cheers

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Piston

Slap

Hear the engine started from cold - let the dealer know you want to hear it from cold before you go in as they are likely to warm the car up before you arrive.

Also injectors are a bit of a thing, float through the VF thread and look at issues people have.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I felt that the manual felt 100x better if you were in the right gear ( Plus you get launch controls so cant really complain that much ) as the automatic left me a little disappointed with response .
The LSA manual gear ratios are better than the LS3 which are pretty lousy, 1st gear too low, too much RPM drop into 3rd and 5th and 6th too tall. I find the LS3 manual needs to be flogged off the lights to keep up with the traffic where the auto does it easily without the need for "boy racer" mode attracting unwanted attention. I don't like autos fundamentally and I prefer manual's, but the LS3 is a much better functioning auto ratio wise than the lousy ratio manual. I think Holden did the LS3 a disservice not fitting the LSA gear ratios in all the V8's across the board.

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Piston

Slap

Hear the engine started from cold - let the dealer know you want to hear it from cold before you go in as they are likely to warm the car up before you arrive.

Also injectors are a bit of a thing, float through the VF thread and look at issues people have.
Yeah they its usually warm when I get in it.