Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV badged commodores

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I find it funny, owning a hsv myself i take delight in pointing out the real ones it makes for a good bordem breaker on long trips but on the other hand i find it makes your own hsv seem a little less special or unique.

Theres nothing 'less special', you have an XU6, how many other people can say that ;)

maybe 1000s, if not less.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Going by the replys in this thread, i shouldn't put HSV badges on it, even tho my car has more HSV features than any VP HSV came with

stealthy i reckon you'd be allowed to have a hsv badge, your special!:p
also by the looks of things you have more hsv than calais international anyway.

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
I've got no problems with the likes of stealthy's car as it has hsv parts on it but is not made to look like an hsv replica. I don't like seeing say an SS with a clubsport rear bumper ss rear wing and hsv badging and clubsport stickers.

hsv look alikes yeah go for it, hsv lookalikes with hsv badging is just wrong.

I also don't like seeing genuine hsv with after market body kits.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
I've got no problems with the likes of stealthy's car as it has hsv parts on it but is not made to look like an hsv replica. I don't like seeing say an SS with a clubsport rear bumper ss rear wing and hsv badging and clubsport stickers.

hsv look alikes yeah go for it, hsv lookalikes with hsv badging is just wrong.

I also don't like seeing genuine hsv with after market body kits.
Yea thats just not right.
A few little HSV emblems on the panels i recon is fine, but clubsport, senator, maloo ect stickers on something thats not isn't right.

All the HSV emblem means on my car is:
1. Its a Holden :thumbsup:
2. Its Special in my own creative way :bow:
3. Its a Vehicle :dance:

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
some people think it makes the car go faster!!

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
I think the whole debate is pretty daft imho. When it's all said and done, a HSV is a HSV, and so on and so forth. If I can afford it, I will be buying a clubsport kit for my ride, colour coded in quicksilver, not because I think that my car is a HSV, rather because I think it will make the car look even nicer.

Badge wise, never really thought about it, but I will probably keep the holden badges. As for custom badges, I think the more the better. If we could have a badge for Super6's that read 225, we would probably buy them, but they dont make them for us, so instead we get creative.

I saw a great badge combo on a VT Super6 that was the VY supercharged badge, with the 6 from the VT V6 badge added to the end of it. Simple, yet custom, and I for one thought it looked great!

Anyone stupid enough to think that "it's all in a badge" has very little concept on the real world imho, especially when it comes down to power. ;)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yea thats just not right.
A few little HSV emblems on the panels i recon is fine, but clubsport, senator, maloo ect stickers on something thats not isn't right.

All the HSV emblem means on my car is:
1. Its a Holden :thumbsup:
2. Its Special in my own creative way :bow:
3. Its a Vehicle :dance:

well said!!!

everyones car is different in its own little way........its your own HSV not holdens

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
I have a "mock up" VS Senator. I have The HSV badges front and back and on the side skirts, also on the mags.

I don't make out that my car is a HSV, i know its not and i don't want anyone thinking that it it.

The only reason i have the kit on my car is for looks and that i got the kit cheap and the painting pretty much for nothin'. The paint on my car was also ****ed so i had the car resprayed, the same colour, and while i was at it i fitted the kit.

i headed out making my car look nice and not to make it something it isn't. The badges are the becasue i like them better then the silver holden ones. I have debadged everything else becasue it looks better and i have the side skirts ones to make them look better. The Mags are HSV VT Champs so they have HSV centre caps.

If you don't like what i have done so be it. I think my car looks better and is more presentable. I don't have senator badges on my car becasue its not the real thing.

I have included pictures to show you my "mock up" so you can have your say.

Last edited:

Mez

Mez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I have an original VX Clubsport rear bumper on my VT. Should I put a badge in the indentation for the badge or just have the indentation!