Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Headers

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Just a quick one, I need some help before I purchase these off a mate. Will VE E2 GTS (LS3) headers bolt straight up to a VFII Redline with the LS3? Also, will using HSV headers void my warranty?

Planning to do the HSV Headers and Harrop or DiFilippo Catback.

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried using the search but am only semi-literate with computers.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yes they fit, together with cats it won’t possibly void your warranty.
Any other cats will trip the engine light which can easily be turned off, but that means altering the tune.

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
So,

will they bolt up to the standard vfii cats/catback as he doesnt have the hsv cats (i dont know why or where they have gone). Thanks

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
So,

will they bolt up to the standard vfii cats/catback as he doesnt have the hsv cats (i dont know why or where they have gone). Thanks
Oh I see. The HSV header and cat combo is abundant and cheap BTW even if you can’t find HSV cats on eBay.
Otherwise the VFII headers and cats are different, I think the location of the catback flange is the same, so straight HSV headers and cats swap should work but not mixing HSV headers onto VFII cats. that’s because the inlet flange location / angle is different.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Just finished doing a HSV swap off VE HSV into VF2,very easy to do with no problems,pass side bolt header and cat together and jam in from under neath,dr side undo stearing rod from rack push it aside (is easy with wheels in straight ahead just undo bolt push rod up BUT don’t turn it) slip header up from under neath bolt up then bolt up cat one bolt under neath one from top with very long extension,dr side sensor front just undo from cat,pass side is same don’t bother unclipping from loom as it is difficult to do backs just undo loom from side of box, before you fit sensors twist them around half doz times then screw them,the real pain and will test your scanner throing skills is re fitting dip stick tube,real turd to do,easy trick to do/undo censors is get an OLD 7/8ths ring spanner and cut a slit in ring just wide enough to fit wires thru and use it to undo sensors,DONT use open enders as they will round off the hex,dip stick grrr,hope this helps.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to add to last post,if you do HSV headers n cats the headers have screw in hole for front sensor BUT you will have to get rear sensor bungs fitted to your after cat pipes as std cats have two sensor holes HSV cats have none or get rear sensors deleted thru tune.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Just to add to last post,if you do HSV headers n cats the headers have screw in hole for front sensor BUT you will have to get rear sensor bungs fitted to your after cat pipes as std cats have two sensor holes HSV cats have none or get rear sensors deleted thru tune.
Great detail, thanks.
I don’t get what you mean regarding the rear sensor, bung is located cat back, after the flange on VE and VF. HSV headers and cats are at the stock flange location.
Check that rear sensor bung is just after the catback flange because maybe the catback you have is not Holden VE/VF?

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Just finished doing a HSV swap off VE HSV into VF2,very easy to do with no problems,pass side bolt header and cat together and jam in from under neath,dr side undo stearing rod from rack push it aside (is easy with wheels in straight ahead just undo bolt push rod up BUT don’t turn it) slip header up from under neath bolt up then bolt up cat one bolt under neath one from top with very long extension,dr side sensor front just undo from cat,pass side is same don’t bother unclipping from loom as it is difficult to do backs just undo loom from side of box, before you fit sensors twist them around half doz times then screw them,the real pain and will test your scanner throing skills is re fitting dip stick tube,real turd to do,easy trick to do/undo censors is get an OLD 7/8ths ring spanner and cut a slit in ring just wide enough to fit wires thru and use it to undo sensors,DONT use open enders as they will round off the hex,dip stick grrr,hope this helps.

What did you end up having to do to get the dipstick in? Did you use new header/manifold gaskets or re-use the existing ones?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Sorry I just checked and yes, the rear sensor bungs are now behind the cat before the catback flange on the latest VF.
0A01A025-027A-4C37-B605-2EDE399E5919.jpeg

Actually the entry to cat is fixed! Doesn’t look that bad at all.

BTW the catback and mufflers look great too, maybe mid muffler delete in favour of properly located h-pipe (crossover) would be a decent performance option and sound enhancer. Else copy difilipo and kiss at the third harmonic and run two full length hotdogs down to the square resonator near the crossmember.
C7C4148E-FE82-468C-9AE7-A82BE540508B.jpeg

The question remains whether HSV headers will bolt up to the revised cat, but looks entirely feasible to fabricate a connecting piece to flange up to the HSV headers.
344F9EEB-C49A-469B-8FE8-B9BE8AA63201.jpeg

There is another active thread with a guy doing just that.
This way won’t void your warranty or throw a check engine light.
If anyone would like to keep factory catback and install h-pipe in place of mid muffler PM me for exact specs.

Last edited:

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
To fit dip stick tube with HSV headers you need two people one up top and one under neath and a good small pipe bender,very fiddly as the starter and oil temp wiring gets in the way,lots of in out bend a bit n back in but perseverance it does work with final tap of hammer to seat O ring.These cats will bolt up to mid section with flat flange on mid pipes,to make HSV cats fit real well cut flange off cats at exit end remove small pipe that holds conical seal it goes about 1 1/2 inside cat and about 2 1/4 in dia then reweld cat flange and you now have 2 1/2 cat exit or you can expand cat out let n weld 3inch flange to keep it stock looking.