Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Headers

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Blackve where or what make of dipstick did you use?
There are cable ones for L98 available from Holden. I'm not certain about length and markers, but assume they'd be the same.
I have two from the US, in my Redline an MSE. They work well. I can give you part numbers for these if you like.
If you do a search on here you'll probably find a P/N for a suitable one from Holden.
I will say the flat steel ones are easier to read than the cable type.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
So does any company make a set of headers for the VFII that will bolt on with no modifications using existing cats yet ???
HM used to but can’t confirm because website is down :confused:
Between $500 and $1000 gets you ready-made shorty 4-1 for all Zeta.
There is no difference in dimensions or flange type for factory LS2, LS3, L98, L76, L77 or L99 headers BTW. So doesn’t matter what cat, everything cat forward is going to be the same. So this is not a VF question.
Also this is not really relevant to HSV extractors, new thread would make sense.
99% of members don’t mind helping out, it’s the structure of this forum being sub-segmented into micro partitions for the same platform that’s the problem. It means you can’t access who’s been there done that unless you know the jargon and do a forum search on every keyword.

Anyway, the two off-the-shelf options are JBA 1813S
6F7C2524-E236-45EB-B071-F734951A741D.jpeg

And BBK 4020
5B1647E7-7FFE-4011-8D57-A94333574DFE.jpeg

Both come with chrome, silver ceramic or titanium finish ceramic coat options and are emissions compliant.
Yes better because more HP at high RPM and possibly better sound, at the expense of low RPM linear power. The old saying goes, “people buy horsepower, but drive torque.” You’re using primarily torque racing someone from stoplight to stoplight or passing on the highway. You’re using horsepower when you’re keeping the engine near redline going around a racetrack.
Specifically the stock cats will choke well before you reach the power (at high RPM and flow) these are designed to deliver.
So you lose down low and don’t gain what you expect up top without tuning secondary pipe and cat.
See my thread on choking cats. Also conjecture in this regard on the Camaro forums for use of shorties same reason.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
The cats on my VF Redline and Motorsport are very different. As are both sets of HSV ones I own.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blatantly obvious really.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Blatantly obvious really.
What? Your reply is making an irrelevant point, goodo.
All GenIV stock headers cat forward have same dimensions (HSV isn’t stock GenIV they are HM, hence suggestion the query is not relevant to thread).
Several current threads discussing the difference in cats with later LS3 vs HSV. Wrong thread, this bloke wants to know what will bolt up cat forward.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
The old saying goes, “people buy horsepower, but drive torque.” You’re using primarily torque racing someone from stoplight to stoplight or passing on the highway. You’re using horsepower when you’re keeping the engine near redline going around a racetrack.

And there we have it! The hidden truth in wisdom. :)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So does any company make a set of headers for the VFII that will bolt on with no modifications using existing cats yet ???

I think GM Motorsports do.