Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Headers

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
To fit dip stick tube with HSV headers you need two people one up top and one under neath and a good small pipe bender,very fiddly as the starter and oil temp wiring gets in the way,lots of in out bend a bit n back in but perseverance it does work with final tap of hammer to seat O ring.These cats will bolt up to mid section with flat flange on mid pipes,to make HSV cats fit real well cut flange off cats at exit end remove small pipe that holds conical seal it goes about 1 1/2 inside cat and about 2 1/4 in dia then reweld cat flange and you now have 2 1/2 cat exit or you can expand cat out let n weld 3inch flange to keep it stock looking.
I think most VFII people fitting HSV headers and cats want to keep the warranty though, hence the focus on keeping VFII cats and bung location. Because it won’t set off the check engine light.
Rather working the front, flange after merge at end of primaries into cat inlet.
Basically fabricating a better downpipe solves the tune issue whilst improving performance potential.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
You are correct monster,that is the next thing I will work on,I think any one doing this mod if they can find flexible dip stick they will find it a lot easier,I don’t know where or what type to use that is compatible with these engines.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
You are correct monster,that is the next thing I will work on,I think any one doing this mod if they can find flexible dip stick they will find it a lot easier,I don’t know where or what type to use that is compatible with these engines.

The oil dipstick was a pain too when I fitted HSV headers to my VF2 Redline. I had access to another VF2 LS3 to look at. This made it easier in the end to fit the disptick. We didn't bend the pipe, just had to go in at a different angle and all good.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Would it be safe to say those that are fitting HSV cats and HSV Headers are just wasting time and money if they propose not to get a tune to balance AFR's etc? With the extra exhaust flow, would this provide a more lean mixture resulting in less power?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Would it be safe to say those that are fitting HSV cats and HSV Headers are just wasting time and money if they propose not to get a tune to balance AFR's etc? With the extra exhaust flow, would this provide a more lean mixture resulting in less power?
No need (requirement) to tune anything, but yes is probably better to describe the effort as maximising combustion and exhaust scavenging efficiency within the parameters of the standard tune.
It will make a difference to performance and sound, I think worthwhile maintaining warranty compliance with zero risk / decent returns.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
so who says it will preserve factory warranty?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Not have headers but I got a flexible stainless dipstick when I did my headers(Rex headers)

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Blackve where or what make of dipstick did you use?

franco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN,VP,VX II,VFII
So does any company make a set of headers for the VFII that will bolt on with no modifications using existing cats yet ???