Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV l.e.d tail lamps installed , quick question

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I give you an example. Just imagine if you took the 4 glass globes out of your 4 original lights and soldered wires on them and matched them to there original position and soldered them across the HSV LEDS lights. The BCU would think that you put the original lamps back in (message gone) and the extra resistance of the LEDS in circuit would possible be jack Sh..it for the body control unit. Now if you then take the globes out again and stick a multi meter across them they will measure resistance like a typical resistor. Yes this is just an example and yes all four globes would light up in your boot connected like this with no message on your dash

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
yeah i understand what you are getting at . i can be honest and say i wouldn't know how to do these things , unless of coarse it was written out with a diagram of such . i guess for now i will need to leave it be until i have a better understanding .

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Just curious, have you got a full HSV kit installed on your SS?
I'd like to see pics if you don't mind :)

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
yeah sure do , everything but the side skirts which i didn't really bother changing - they dont look much different .

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
post rears tomorrow

Attachments

• image3.PNG
    image3.PNG
    354.2 KB · Views: 183
  • image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    317.6 KB · Views: 166