Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Rear Brake Backing Plates

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thats is very helpful ! Thank you. So it looks like even if i was to install new backing plate it would not cover the top of the rotor like the stock ss does...
Will think about what to do...
Yeah that's correct. I can measure the o/d of the HSV ones as a reference if you like?
The plates are curved, but they sit behind the rotor, as the pics above show. Not sure about the HSV ones?
The plates on my Redline were ground back and painted black. Looks ok. But it's pretty rough if you have a close look.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Yeah that's correct. I can measure the o/d of the HSV ones as a reference if you like?
The plates are curved, but they sit behind the rotor, as the pics above show. Not sure about the HSV ones?
The plates on my Redline were ground back and painted black. Looks ok. But it's pretty rough if you have a close look.

Thats what I am nervous about..cutting and spraying things on relatively new car. I know you can't really see it ... but I would know it is there ;)
At the same time the damn thing is a bitch to remove by the looks of it...
Hub off i would think...

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Semper eleifend et primis interdum maecenas hendrerit mauris malesuada luctus eros lacinia, morbi bibendum vivamus malesuada elementum lacus gravida a proin aliquet hendrerit, quis nisi auctor aenean etiam dolor quisque taciti etiam suscipit.

Last edited: