Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VS ISS SECURITY SYSTEM FOR A series 2 ?WILL IT fit into a VS series 111

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
HELLO ALL...IVE LOST MY RED HSV ISS TAG>> I CAN SOURCE A NEW ISS SYSTEM NEW IN BOX BUT IT IS A SERIES 2, I KNOW A LOT OF PPL AINT GOING TO KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT THIS AS THE ISS IS NOW 14 YO,I CAN GET A NEW SERIES 2 HSV ISS SYST FOR $750, WHAT IM NEEDING TO KNOW IS IF THE SERIES 2 IS THE SAME AS THE SERIES 3 ISS SYSTEM AND THEN IF SO WHAT AND WHO WOULD BE NEEDED TO GET THE NEW ISS SYST INTO MY UTE.....IM REALY NOT WANTING TO GO AND BUY IT FROM EBAY IF IT DOSNT SUIT MY VS SERIES 111 MALOO....ANY HELP ON THIS MATTER WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP....THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, BEST WISHES AND KIND REGARDS TO ALL.MERRY XMAS AND A BETTER UP AND COMMING NEW YEAR:surprise:

i know this is gonna be a tuff 1 to get an answer on,,,,,but hey some holden nuts gotta know somthing lol..............next best thing ill have to do is ring hsv,and leave my vin on a msg machine and thay will get back to me after thay verify im the owner.............nice 1 hsv

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Losing the red tag is unfortunate but it just means that you can't introduce new (black) tags to the ISS system. The system is still fully functional using the black tags.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yes but what will happen when i have to get a new key head? dont i need the red tag to join it to the iss syst....thanks a heap

Yes from what ive been told a vs 2 wont fit into a vs 3 as the pcu is diff

any 1 know were i can get a seies 3 iss syst?

Ice101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
yes but what will happen when i have to get a new key head? dont i need the red tag to join it to the iss syst....thanks a heap

If you have a new key cut and programmed for your car fitted with ISS security, then no you don't have to have that introduced with the red tag. The red tag is used to introduce new (black) immobiliser tags only as far as I'm aware.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
sorry to butt into this thread but are you guys talking about the immobilizer piece that goes under the arm rest.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
its an add on to the immobizer , a hsv part. im not sure were it goes but this iss systen is supposed to be an add on to the immobilizer(thats what i can work out from the manul)

cool so if i get a new key and key head it will be ok to use....i must of got misssed up when i red the hsv manual ? i thought it said to intro new keys to the iss you will need the red tag? ill go have a read and try and get my head around my iss prob....i thought i was stuffed when the head and key im using now goes flat? i thought (**** im stuffed if i cant addd the new head to the iss? ill get back to you....thanks for popping in and giving some feedback,,,,cheers

Should i get a key and head cut? And will it work?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You won't have a problem getting a new key head. The ISS system (black/red dongle) and the remote/key are separate from each other (assuming you have the connector in the centre console/arm rest). For models such as the VX (not sure about the VT) the ISS is integrated with the normal key/remote. Note that the key part (metal) can be attached to the new remote, you don't have to get a new key cut (although most places, such as Mister Minute, also cut you a new key).

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
is the black/red dongle the little plastic thing that you push onto the immobilizer part under the arm rest.(thats where it is on my senator if im thinking of the same thing)

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
its in the glove box on the ute,,,,i never have to use the black dongy to start the car.in goes the key and she disarms (never had to use the black dony thing at all?

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
is there a way to disable it. it can get annoying having to out the key in. disable the immobilizer then start the car.