Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VS ISS SECURITY SYSTEM FOR A series 2 ?WILL IT fit into a VS series 111

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
not sure. mines just set like that....no dongy needed to start.do you have the hsv book? it may explain it in there...i dont ever have to use the dongy( not sure why)its arms and resets fine just no dongy neeeded to start the car,cheers

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
na the car didn't have the manual with it when i got it. i wish it did tho. i was told there is a way to disarm it but im not sure if this is true or not

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
ill go get my book and have a look,,,

the system is supplied with black tages and 1 red master tag.the red master tag is used ONLY to delete stored codes for lost tags or to introduce new user tags and ignition keys to the system.this is the only way for tags and keys to be introduced to the system and if the red tag is lost the iss system has to be replaced (i thought i read it right in the 1st place) so in other words what i thought wad right( when my battery goes flat on my keyhead in farked)unless i can use the black dongy to disarm the iss ,ive read dr bob can overide the iss.......as for i cant find in the book anything about di arming the iss tag.....

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Try the instructions below for disarming the ISS - may not work on VS3.

Service / Valet System Override
To put the immobiliser into system override mode, first ensure that the immobiliser is disarmed and the ignition switched ON. Press and hold the TAG against the recess in the status monitor. After three seconds the LED will start to flash quickly. The LED will continue to flash quickly to warn you that immobiliser is still in override mode. Once system override mode has been entered, the immobiliser will remain in this mode until the TAG is touched against the recess in the status monitor.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks a heap

That must be how mines is set up,is it revurse to get it so i havee to use the black dongy to start the car as i wouldnt mind using that way,and 1 more thing? Do i need the red tag to do it
try the instructions below for disarming the iss - may not work on vs3.

Service / valet system override
to put the immobiliser into system override mode, first ensure that the immobiliser is disarmed and the ignition switched on. Press and hold the tag against the recess in the status monitor. After three seconds the led will start to flash quickly. The led will continue to flash quickly to warn you that immobiliser is still in override mode. Once system override mode has been entered, the immobiliser will remain in this mode until the tag is touched against the recess in the status monitor.

thanks a heap for you reply well done

so how many tags would the car have come from factory. As mine one has the one black tag. Can new tags be ordered from hsv

3<<<<< 2 black and 1 only red master tag

also where were you able to buy a new one from. Does hsv still supply new iss kits

you cant get them any more.......i know of a 1 series 2 brand new unopend kit with everything in it that i can get,,,,,but that wont fit into my series 3 from what i know

you won't have a problem getting a new key head. The iss system (black/red dongle) and the remote/key are separate from each other (assuming you have the connector in the centre console/arm rest). For models such as the vx (not sure about the vt) the iss is integrated with the normal key/remote. Note that the key part (metal) can be attached to the new remote, you don't have to get a new key cut (although most places, such as mister minute, also cut you a new key).

it said in the hsv man on iss that new key heads must be intoduced with the red tag.....i can still turn the iss off with the black tag,but to introduce new keyheads or black tags i must have the red tag to put the system into learn mode>>>>you may stilll be rite and im reading the book wrong>?? But from what i can gather i need the red tag to intro a new keyhead to the hsv iss....if im wrong( i hope i am ) please let me know...best wishes.thanks for the reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
so how many tags would the car have come from factory. as mine one has the one black tag. can new tags be ordered from hsv

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
also where were you able to buy a new one from. does hsv still supply new iss kits

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
you cant get them any more.......i know of a 1 series 2 brand new unopend kit with everything in it that i can get,,,,,but that wont fit into my series 3 from what i know

where can you get the kit from

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
The series 2 kit??? A mate of mine has it....(no idea why he aint got a hsv lol) thay are no longer made