Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Huge insurance cost rise?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Just be a bit careful when changing. A lot of companies, insurers, will offer a sweetheart deal to entice new customers, then hit you with increased premiums
I usually ask my insurance company if they can do a better deal before I ring around when my insurance is due .

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
insurance companies are like that. everything seems to be normal "wear & tear"

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
insurance companies are like that. everything seems to be normal "wear & tear"
Well concrete tiles only last 50 years or so, hence if they get hailed-on when over 50 years old it’s a bit like hitting a pot-hole with your 15yo car tyres & them de-laminating … the tyre’s age has a fair bit of “cause”.

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Anyone with GIO? I've been with them for years but they are pricey.
Yes me. I've used them for years as well.
I found them the best price for my home and contents, if I ring each year and ask for a better price.
Cars, they are middle range.
Also - they provide flood cover. Some won't.

eddysline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ute
Hi guys, I was with AAMI have 3 vehicles with 2 x VF’s a ute, my missus’s VR6 and a iload the policies for the VF‘s came through, $500 extra on both cars and devalued the cars so my missus shopped around and went with Youi, 3-4 weeks later a truck pushed a car into the back of my ute, 6 weeks later get my car back missing my spare tyre, where they welded and ground back didn’t paint, overspray on the wheels and canopy glass, blind spot mirror sensors picking up cars and buildings in front of me, sent back 3 times for the next 3 weeks finally fixed, they use the cheapest repairer, while with AAMI for 10 years had accidents in the cars, would have them back within a week and no issues. You get what you pay for, and yes we went back.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi guys, I was with AAMI have 3 vehicles with 2 x VF’s a ute, my missus’s VR6 and a iload the policies for the VF‘s came through, $500 extra on both cars and devalued the cars so my missus shopped around and went with Youi, 3-4 weeks later a truck pushed a car into the back of my ute, 6 weeks later get my car back missing my spare tyre, where they welded and ground back didn’t paint, overspray on the wheels and canopy glass, blind spot mirror sensors picking up cars and buildings in front of me, sent back 3 times for the next 3 weeks finally fixed, they use the cheapest repairer, while with AAMI for 10 years had accidents in the cars, would have them back within a week and no issues. You get what you pay for, and yes we went back.
AAMI uses SMART, you don’t want to have a car you care about fixed by them … or one for which you have a desire for resale value!

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
looks like im playing the insurance jumping game this year
QBE last year 2500, was the cheapest i could come across at 65k agreed value, this year 3200 for 53k o_O

back at NRMA for 1500 at 53k, their last 2 years were >2900, seems they have swapped premium calculators this year.

i work in insurance and it still boggles my mind how varied a physical property risk can be between companies, or year to year

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
How does NRMA fare in terms of forcing any repairs to go via partially-trained monkeys who’re working in the chop-shop as a 2nd job ‘cos their main job at the poo-on-walls smearing factory doesn’t pay enough?