Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HZ One Tonner

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
LS1 is happening. Time line pending.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I totally agree Reaper, nyloc nuts on ball joints make me uneasy to be honest. A nyloc nut just isn't as fail safe as a split pin. I recently bought a front end kit for the Torana, castleated nuts on everything, only way to go.

Good to see it all sorted and back on 4 wheels. I would assume a full front end rebuild is on the cards though?

Why does every old Holden (actually, every car for that matter) have to have an LS1 in it now? It's getting really boring lifting the bonnet on everything and seeing another LS1 conversion. I actually find it refreshing some times to lift a bonnet and see a 308 or 350 sitting in the hole.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Why does every old Holden (actually, every car for that matter) have to have an LS1 in it now? It's getting really boring lifting the bonnet on everything and seeing another LS1 conversion. I actually find it refreshing some times to lift a bonnet and see a 308 or 350 sitting in the hole.

same reason every '32 ford has a chev, it's works. LS1 easy 400hp without the drinking problem ;)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm with 383 on this one to some extent. Not much imagination doing what every other bloke has already done. A restored car can be many things, but if it is modified, I reckon the modifications should show some initiative and creativity on the part of the owner.

Another HZ..another LS1.

Ho hum.

However, it is YOUR car and you can do whatever you like with it and stuff my opinions.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
So, is the plan to completely strip it to pieces, and rebuild from ground up like a champ?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage