Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HZ One Tonner

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ball joint press? What's one of them? Piece of pipe, a socket and a hammer are the correct tools to remove and fit Holden lower ball joints.

Good find.

But must do this

5053447603_d7b65e4704_z.jpg

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This is a mates 1 tonner

hqdefault.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
My old man had a HQ tonner with a worked 308. Was painted cobalt blue. I loved it when he took me out the road and showed me how to do burnouts :). Ahh the good old days. I love tonners, old and new.

Cobalt blue is ####ing awesome... only problem for some is it's a ford colour but i'd have a cobalt blue ed xr6 any day of the week when its new paint it looks so ####ing awesome pictures dont do it justice

Image3277.jpg

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
To be clear, I'm not really having a go at anyone in particular or saying anyone has a lack of imagination, because let's face it, just about anything you can think of has been done on a H series Holden, but personally I've just got really sick of seeing LS1's in just about every car lately, that's all.

I can see the benefits of using one, but I still like seeing more "traditional" engines being used from time to time. Also, more often than not, they just look like a dogs breakfast.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I'm fully with you Tim every car from from early vh.vk.vl commo's right through the h series and even toranas are getting them. It's kind of boring. Even all the rx7's, skylines and silvias getting around with them are a bit too common.

The flip side is they're cheap 2000 for a full motor box and wiring and youre getting 225kw stock and theres plenty of off the shelf kits to fit them. It's easy it's cheap it a v8 and makes good power and economy. hard to say no too.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I totally agree Reaper, nyloc nuts on ball joints make me uneasy to be honest. A nyloc nut just isn't as fail safe as a split pin. I recently bought a front end kit for the Torana, castleated nuts on everything, only way to go.

Good to see it all sorted and back on 4 wheels. I would assume a full front end rebuild is on the cards though?

Why does every old Holden (actually, every car for that matter) have to have an LS1 in it now? It's getting really boring lifting the bonnet on everything and seeing another LS1 conversion. I actually find it refreshing some times to lift a bonnet and see a 308 or 350 sitting in the hole.

Yeap, car has been driven the 20m i needed to move it round the back and parked pending the rebuild.

Reason for LS1 = $/kw. LS1's are cheap power, you can pick one up for the same as the parts for a stroker kit would cost.

So, is the plan to completely strip it to pieces, and rebuild from ground up like a champ?

Correct. It wont be seeing the road for a long time. But when it does. It will be worth it.

Ball joint press? What's one of them? Piece of pipe, a socket and a hammer are the correct tools to remove and fit Holden lower ball joints.

Good find.

But must do this

5053447603_d7b65e4704_z.jpg

Tried the hammer and pipe method, truuuust me, lol. Having the rotor in the way hindered the swing arc a bit. I did get it to moe about 1mm. Tool was sooo much easier though, just wind the nut in, pop.

Guy i bought it off had a WB 2 Tonner there aswell.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Cobalt blue is ####ing awesome... only problem for some is it's a ford colour but i'd have a cobalt blue ed xr6 any day of the week when its new paint it looks so ####ing awesome pictures dont do it justice

Image3277.jpg

Haha that was the colour I painted a LH Torana once. Fkn awesome colour when done right :).

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
to be clear, i'm not really having a go at anyone in particular or saying anyone has a lack of imagination, because let's face it, just about anything you can think of has been done on a h series holden, but personally i've just got really sick of seeing ls1's in just about every car lately, that's all.

I can see the benefits of using one, but i still like seeing more "traditional" engines being used from time to time. Also, more often than not, they just look like a dogs breakfast.

I6t

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
10371583_10154179091810531_2869021672925378049_n.jpg

^^^ Either the left or the middle one. That is all.